1923-D Peace real or fake I got to know

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by bear32211, Sep 22, 2017.

1. bear32211

bear32211 Always Learning

The Peace is being sold through a small coin group, not on eBay. Right now the bid is at $25. I keep looking at the pics, trying to see that "D" going to ask the seller if there is a better reverse pic with the letter.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

OK. Then what?

bear32211 likes this.
  4. bear32211

The seller as quickly responded to my question. The 1923-D Peace is NOT ! He told me that I, along with anyone else, who bid on the now "1923 Peace" can delete their bid. Again, this is a 1923 Peace not a 1923-D. I'm going to wait and see if the higher bids are pulled. I did bid $15 so I think I'm OK with the bid.If others pull their bids, so be it. I'm glad I asked about the coin.

5. bear32211

and while looking at this coin, @messydesk, are you out there ? Look at the third picture I have up. Below the right shoulder of the eagle and in between the rays, is there a 'die-gouge', which could make this a VAM ? Almost like like the letter "E"[​IMG]

6. cwart

cwart Senior Member Supporter

For $15 I'd keep my bid active if it were me... Its not a bad looking coin after all.

bear32211 and Santinidollar like this.
  7. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

But was it mislabeled intentionally to get more action?

bear32211 likes this.
  8. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Kripes. what's the beef? The coin looks legit. Fret on.........

9. bear32211

Yep but I'm low on the bid, I might go $20 to $25.

10. bear32211

I really don't think so. He guy sells quite a bit so I will call it a mistake,this time.

Michael K likes this.
  11. BertJones

BertJones Member

Hello Bear. Several things I would like to share with you. First off, coin does look original. Secondly, all Morgan and Peace dollars are VAMS (not shouting at you, just the proper way to write the term VAM). Third, what you are referring to beneath the eagles shoulder must be post mint damage because there is no way an "E" could be present in that location due to the lack of an "E" in a corresponding interior location on the obverse of the coin. I hope this helps.
    Bert

Draft saved Draft deleted