1922 Peace dollar..

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by odinsruleg8, Apr 30, 2017.

1. odinsruleg8

odinsruleg8 Active Member

is this mayhaps, a VAM-1A? line in tiara, as well as die cracks going through ..as well as her neck area.IMO..opinions greatly appreciated..thanks.

Attached Files:

Waylon nooe likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. odinsruleg8

is this mayhaps, a VAM-1A? line in tiara, as well as die cracks going through ..as well as her neck area.IMO..opinions greatly appreciated..thanks.

Attached Files:

Waylon nooe likes this.
  4. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

The line under the R and in the neck area look like they could be die cracks, if they are they should be raised above the surface of the design. The markings under the B
    looks dented in, like it took a hit there. PMD. I believe Vamworld.com has info
    on Peace Dollars too, But I have not used them for that.

Waylon nooe likes this.
  5. JAY-AR

JAY-AR Well-Known Member

Hard to tell from the pix, but I'm certain it's not a 1A. Can you get picture of the full obv and rev? We'll be able to confirm it's a B1 or B2 reverse and then we'll start from there....this may helps as well. http://www.vamworld.com/1922-P+VAMs

Waylon nooe and odinsruleg8 like this.
  6. JAY-AR

JAY-AR Well-Known Member

Hard to tell from the pix, but I'm certain it's not a 1A. Can you get picture of the full obv and rev? We'll be able to confirm it's a B1 or B2 reverse and then we'll start from there....this may helps as well. http://www.vamworld.com/1922-P VAMs
    I just responded to your duplicate post with this same response, we'll work from this one....

Waylon nooe and odinsruleg8 like this.
  7. odinsruleg8

Heres a few more pics..sorry if not the best..I did check out the site and did notice a few markings besides what I think..from beginning post..3 rays below one and 6 below tail? markers? and obvervse does have die breaks/ cracks..hope you can give me a better idea..this is a totally different realm of numismatics for me and very addicti g..thanks

Attached Files:

8. Waylon nooe

Waylon nooe New Member

Hello im new im waylon

odinsruleg8 likes this.
  9. odinsruleg8

welcome..and enjoy..

10. JAY-AR

JAY-AR Well-Known Member

Odin, looks like this is a clash die. Look at the spike above eagles right shoulder. Looks like there are file lines as well trying to remove the spike (clash marks). Also you can see a V like mark from clash on eagles left side between the top 2 rays on eagles left shoulder. The crack on the obv in tiara is common and don't think it's enough to be listed. I'm still looking to see if I can match it up with the appropriate VAM#. More to come....can you get a close up pic of upper portion of the rev where I described the clash marks?

odinsruleg8 likes this.
  11. JAY-AR

JAY-AR Well-Known Member

Oh, the crack on the obv thru the lower portion of the neck extending to the T in TRUST looks interesting as well. If you could get a closer pic of that would be sweet....

odinsruleg8 likes this.
  12. JAY-AR

JAY-AR Well-Known Member

odinsruleg8 likes this.
  13. odinsruleg8

Here are some of the obv, die crack...If so..starts from T , towards chin area.. I'll post reverse as well.thanks again

Attached Files:

14. odinsruleg8

here are some reverse photos.hope i got what you posted as far as correct area..thanks again.

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted