1922 peace dollar

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Nikki24401, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Nikki24401

Nikki24401 Member

image.png Can anyone tell me if my peace dollar is 1922 high or low relief. Mine has the circle below the E on Liberty and also same marking on obverse at about 9 o'clock.on the reverse looks like a D right after the fourth tall Ray. image.png image.jpeg image.png image.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

You're coin looks like a normal circulation Peace Dollar to me. The special proof issues were minted in very low numbers and today are very rare and desirable. They also made a very large number of regular Peace Dollars issued for circulation in 1922. Yours appears to be one of the common circulation issue coins.

4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Yours is a low relief. Easiest way to tell the low relief from the high relief is to look at the spike by the bottom leg of the E in LIBERTY. On the High relief it just barely extends above that bottom leg. On the low relief it extends up to the middle leg of the E.

5. Nikki24401

Nikki24401 Member

6. Nikki24401

Nikki24401 Member

7. Nikki24401

Nikki24401 Member

8. Nikki24401

Nikki24401 Member

Do you know any varieties that would give All these same markings

9. Nikki24401

Nikki24401 Member

image.png If you look at the NGC PIC I posted high relief the tip goes to the middle leg of the E

10. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Yours is low relief. That '22 proof is a coin to kill for (in other words, I will never own one)

11. koyned

koyned New Member

started a new thread...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  12. Nikki24401

Nikki24401 Member

I didn't get the link

13. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

No it goes just slightly above as I said. This is the NGC image.

[​IMG]
    Your coin look at the difference.
    [​IMG]

14. Nikki24401

Nikki24401 Member

Attached Files:

15. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

How is that you people can understand what the other is trying to say? Posting random pictures with circles, arrows and x's, with no text, description or context provided. Then when you do try to provide text, key words are missing or it is a complete non sequitur.

WTF is this thread about? What coin is in question and what is the question?

Draft saved Draft deleted