1922 PEACE DOLLAR, High Relief and Low Relief CONFUSED

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by cherylkubucko, Jan 20, 2009.

1. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Any color change of any 90% silver coin from the silver color is toning and dependent on the the silver reaction to environmental type factors leading to end point of black coloration. The depth of the features of the coin is what makes the difference. There are several other threads you may find with the search box up top that will give more info on the high profile. jim

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Abeth

Abeth New Member

I have 2 1922 peace silver dollars I found them in a years sail the reason i know they are real is the weight the hand workmanship and the color of the coins

4. POPAPETE

POPAPETE New Member

MY THANKS TO CONDER101 I FELT STRANGE ABOUT A 1921 PEACE THAT I OWN AND FOLLOWED YOUR INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER AND LOW AND BEHOLD IT TURNS OUT THAT MY PEACE DOLLAR IS MOST DEFINITLY A HIGH RELIEF THE SPIKE BARELY REACHES THE E OVB. AND THE SPIKE REVERSE PASSES ABOVE THE N IN VIEW OF THE O I'M IMPRESSED. POPAPETE

5. ISAAC COFFEY

ISAAC COFFEY New Member

My name is Isaac and I have a few questions about the peace dollar I have several of them and not quite sure if I have the high relief or low relief 20190403_000851.jpg View attachment 915772 View attachment 915772

6. ISAAC COFFEY

ISAAC COFFEY New Member

What I have noticed I have four 19 22 Peace dollars and one 1935 peace dollar 3 of the four have a slight shiny look to them one of the four 1922 peace Dallas has a gray look with no shine also the 19 35 peace dollar is well

7. ISAAC COFFEY

ISAAC COFFEY New Member

I would gladly appreciate if someone could give me their knowledge on these coins

8. ISAAC COFFEY

ISAAC COFFEY New Member

20190403_011240.jpg 20190403_011137.jpg

Attached Files:

9. ISAAC COFFEY

ISAAC COFFEY New Member

10. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

They are all low relief, just ordinary Peace dollars. See the tip of the ray next to the E in LIBERTY, well, when the ray comes up to the middle bar of the E, that means the coin is a low relief.

11. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

@ISAAC COFFEY , welcome to CT! :happy: The reason you are not getting responses is that you "highjacked" & posted to a thread that is 10 yrs old! :eek::D The last previous post to this thread (before yours) was on May 6, 2018!

Most members won't look at something this old, with that title, but fortunately a moderator found it (likely part of his job; or, he has no life, & goes above & beyond to help newbies...:p:rolleyes:;)) & responded.

You should start your own thread, maybe even on the "US Coins" forum, to optimize the responses. Just sayin'...:happy::happy::happy:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  12. RICHARD K

RICHARD K MISTY & SASHA

I also believe on the 22 high releif has 4 rays by the tail, and low releif has 3 rays like 1921 dollar

Draft saved Draft deleted