1922 no D wheat penny

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by GKSparks, Dec 8, 2018.

1. GKSparks

GKSparks New Member

I have acquired a PCI graded 1922 no D wheat penny encased with gold trim, stating Plain, Die #2 Strong. FN15. Mintage unknown. I have read and heard about the pros and cons of PCI (mostly cons) would like opinions on what you would do if it were you who acquired it. Please. I cannot take a decent photo so am not sending at this time.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

What does that mean encased with gold trim?
    Without photos there's no way to tell if this coin is genuine, considering
    they are not a top grading company.

4. GKSparks

GKSparks New Member

From what I have read PCI used green, red, and gold trim that goes around the PCI icon or emblem. I am working on getting photos.

5. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Even a cell phone pic is better than nothing.

6. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

it never ends does it?

7. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

When you are part of the most well known and popular coin posting and discussion site on the internet, then NO it never ends.

So long as this site exists, and so long as this site is populated by some of the most knowledgeable and intelligent people in the coin hobby and so long as that population is willing to "give a minute" to the coin curious, to the coin concerned and to the coin knowledge needy, then NO , it will absolutely never end.

Dynoking, Kentucky and RonSanderson like this.
  8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Hookman likes this.
  9. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Yes, please post a photo when you get a chance! I have never seen one of those holders before!

10. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

PCI is perfectly acceptable as authenticators, where people disagree with them is the grading. I don’t personally find that their grading is all that bad. Slightly inflated maybe, but at least they are pretty consistent. That being said, if you were looking to sell this coin, PCGS or NGC are the only way to go.

11. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

What are you trying to say.

12. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

everyone has this rare coin, and no photos. And then we get a blurry one, and then never hear from then again.

Draft saved Draft deleted