1922 D Questionable Weak D, and 1923 S Lincoln Value

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Sley, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Sley

Sley Active Member

Good Afternoon, can somebody tell me if there is any value to these Lincoln Cents, and your opinion whether the D is a weak strike? 1922 D Lincoln Cent 3.jpg 1922 D Lincoln Cent 2.jpg 1923 S Lincoln Cent 1.jpg 1923 S Lincoln Cent 2.jpg
    Thank you,
    Sley

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

1922 D looks normal to me / price around $10-$15 1923 s $5 mabey more mabey less.

Sley likes this.
  4. Sley

Sley Active Member

Thank you Sir!

5. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

When you can see it like this without straining to see it, it's not the weak one.

Heavymetal and Sley like this.
  6. Sley

Sley Active Member

Thank you Eddiespin.

eddiespin likes this.
  7. Sley

Sley Active Member

I have one more for you guys today, in questioning value. It sure is pretty. 1958 D Unc. Die Chip Rev. 1958 D Lincoln cent Die Chip Reverse 2.jpg 1958 D Lincoln cent Die Chip Reverse 1.jpg 1958 D Lincoln cent Die Chip Reverse 3.jpg . I have a full roll of Unc 58D, but not all of them look this nice. Perhaps because they were stored incorrectly, but they still have appeal.

8. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

Looks like the weak reverse on that '22 D (mushy EPU).

Sley likes this.
  9. Kevin Mader

1958 D - maybe $0.20. Personally, I wouldn't pay $10 for a roll of 1958Ds. I might pay up to a dime apiece.

Sley likes this.
  10. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

That's typical for these reverses, they're typically very weak.

Sley likes this.
  11. Sley

Sley Active Member

the 22 is ready for the crapper! Lol. Thank you.

12. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

No, no, that's just how they were minted. It's got some front end damage, too, but we take them as we find them. That's the only cent that was minted in 1922, you aware of that? Just that branch mint, Denver. And it had problems, needless to say.

Sley likes this.
  13. Kevin Mader

Yes...but not mine. ;-)

1922NoDreverse.jpg

Sley likes this.
  14. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Well good for you, that's a nice one. We've got maybe 40-something of these. Some are stronger than others. In fact one of the "No-D" die combinations is known for its strong reverse. I just suggest you study up on them a little, you'll catch on.

Sley likes this.
  15. Kevin Mader

Done studying - that was a No-D reverse I showed. Sley's '22 reverse looks weak to me, but it's also worn a bit. EPU fading into the rim suggests weak reverse to me, but the rest of the features still look pretty sharp...albeit with regular circulation wear.

Draft saved Draft deleted