1922 D high relief liberty dollar

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Loaf, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Loaf -

Welcome to CoinTalk!
    After looking at your coin carefully I have to agree with the guys here that this is not a high relief. Per my research, your coin is worth around $12 in the current grade that you have it in, but the value to you is priceless because it came from your family.

If you wish to get it graded, you could send it to NGC or PCGS - it will cost around $25+ to get it graded/slabbed.

Also, please know that the guys before me are telling you the truth - maybe you don't want to hear this, but at least one of the guys that replied to you works for Heritage Co. which is one of the largest coin auction firms in the US. He knows his coins and will tell you the truth. Other of the people before me have collected most likely longer than you and I have been alive, and again, they tell the truth.

Have a great day!

Speedy

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Really, Who? I know Stewart works there, but who in this thread does?

4. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

Last I knew The Cave Troll did.

5. Numismatist47

Numismatist47 New Member

While you're at it, look up WWI. It ended in 1918, like 4 years before that common peace dollar was made.

6. se-collectibles

se-collectibles Collector Extraordinaire

He never said Gramps carried it in the war.

7. Numismatist47

Numismatist47 New Member

Sounds like gramps was telling him some pretty tall tales about that coin.

8. se-collectibles

se-collectibles Collector Extraordinaire

Could also be he hit the 1 instead of the 2.

9. mumu

mumu Junior Member

Technically he did say AFTER WW1 which could be any day up until today or any day in say 1945

10. Rotex

Rotex New Member

The information in this thread was invaluable. I have a 1922 Peace dollar, and have now clearly understood the Denver mintage disqualifies it from being a rare high relief! Thanks for your explanations from the experts on this forum. Cheers!

11. Rotex

Rotex New Member

The information in this thread was invaluable. I have a 1922 Peace dollar, and have now clearly understood the Denver mintage disqualifies it from being a rare high relief! Thanks for your explanations from the experts on this forum. Cheers!

12. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

Old thread, but good info can be found by searching. Yes, the high relief dollars were made at Philadelphia (no mint mark). Welcome to CT!

Draft saved Draft deleted