1921d walking half

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Maliszewki20, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Maliszewki20

Maliszewki20 Member

What's it worth?
    I think the grade is g6

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coinman1234

coinman1234 Not a Well-Known Member

It looks like it could have had a cleaning. I see hairlines on the obverse and reverse.

That being said, I think the value may be around $150-$175 in it's condition, I think you are right about G-6.

Very cool coin,

4. Maliszewki20

Maliszewki20 Member

Thank you!

coinman1234 likes this.
  5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Agreed, harsh cleaning, G+

6. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Maybe cleaned long ago but it's still a nice 21.

7. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Cleaned, yes, and that one hit to the reverse may wind up as "details" if slabbed.

8. RegisG

RegisG Member

Not even smallest part of arm shows on body. G-4 to me. But, I'm happy to own any '21

9. Yankee42

Yankee42 Well-Known Member

If you want to compare here is my PCGS graded 21-D G4

Attached Files:

10. Maliszewki20

Maliszewki20 Member

Very nice example. Looks similar to mine. I was thinking G4-6 leaning more towards G4. Thanks for sharing

11. LookingUP66

LookingUP66 New Member

Why does cleaning produce hairline scratches? Is it possible to clean coins without scratching them? Is it advisable to clean them at all?

coinman1234 likes this.
  12. coinman1234

coinman1234 Not a Well-Known Member

Not advisable to clean coins at all. No matter what, collectors like original surfaces. That being said, some people dip silver coins to make them more shiny. I don't agree with dipping high quality coins, I have dipped some dirty looking AU/BU junk silver I found CRH to make it look better, cleaned or not they are still only worth close to spot and I think they look better not as dark and black colored, I will never clean any nicely toned junk silver though.

13. LookingUP66

LookingUP66 New Member

Thanks coinman.

coinman1234 likes this.
  14. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I'm not entirely convinced this coin has been harshly cleaned. In the G grade, it has spent a lot of time in circulation and has naturally picked up a ton of circulation and handling marks and hairlines. The color is hard to judge in this picture, but does not appear to be cleaned harshly.

Draft saved Draft deleted