1921 Peace Silver Dollar - Your input on my true l

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Andrew HK-coins, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Andrew HK-coins

Andrew HK-coins Make your own luck.

Hey guys! - I would appreciate any and all input on this. I have a 1921 Peace Silver Dollar (well, I have two, however the one in reference is my main concern) which has an incredible story behind it. I acquired the coin from a gentleman who has had it since the 1940's, and it was given to him by his father. This coin is absolutely gorgeous. Maybe it is just my bias due to the love I have for this coin (I mean, who doesn't love the Peace Dollar?) but I honestly feel like I have a silver-mine (pun intended) :shame:

I know, as we all do, that grading and determining value by photo is tough, but I am confident that with the many years of combined experience and keen eyes of the CT-ers will prove accurate! By the way, I am new to CT and very excited to be here! Thanks for any and all input in advance!

Best Picture 1921 Peace Dollar 1.jpg Great Qualitu Peace Dollar.png Great Picture Peace Dollar.png

Brett_in_Sacto likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

At first glance it looks like an average, circulated 1921 Peace Dollar. probably VF/XF. It has a slight obverse rim ding at 8:00, but it shouldn't hurt the value too much.

These coins are relatively common in circulated grades, but it is still worth more than most other Peace Dollars and would probably still garner a premium as a collector coin, rather than sell at its melt value, as most Peace Dollars would.

4. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

I agree EF/XF Nice Coin!

5. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Welcome to the lodge!

6. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

Perhaps a light cleaning?

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

@Andrew HK-coins

First, welcome to the neighborhood, Andrew!

Second, sometimes it is a good idea to take "the story that goes with a coin" with a grain of salt. Otherwise, you might spend too much.

Chris

Cascade likes this.
  8. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted