1921 peace dollar

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by LOLephant, Dec 4, 2013.

1. LOLephant

LOLephant New Member

Same as last post. This is the other peace dollar from my step dad's collection. Thanks. IMG_20131202_041621.jpg IMG_20131202_041710.jpg IMG_20131202_042036.jpg IMG_20131202_041409.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

That coin has alot of hits on it & its hard to tell if it may have been cleaned even though it looks to have luster.

I would venture to say about $120-150.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Low XF. Not as pretty as the '28. With all those marks I'm not sure what she'd fetch....

5. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

Damaged, no grade.

6. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

she looks a little yellow, maybe acid

7. LOLephant

LOLephant New Member

Thanks for the replies. I don't think the coin has been cleaned. The yellowish pic is just under different lighting. Could you please expand a little on the damaged-no grade comment? These are the only two silver dollars i have so i really have nothing to compare them to.

8. LOLephant

LOLephant New Member

Also there is a bar or stripe between the b and e in liberty. any idea what that is?

9. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Hard to tell from photo, maybe die clash?

10. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

The gouges on the side of the neck, and edge of the neck above the date, the three deep marks just off of her chin, surface scrapes at 8 o'clock, but the biggest thing I'm seeing is between the rays of the coronet, it's hard to tell for sure if that's stuck on gunk, or what.

As Mat stated, that might be a die clash.

Draft saved Draft deleted