1921 Morgan Silver Dollar DDO? n DDR?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Mirza Beck, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Mirza Beck

Mirza Beck Member

Hello Friends;) 1Omega1 Excellent photography of Becks 1921 DDO DDR coin.JPG , I recently came across this coin.And when compared to a regular Morgan seems very different and prominent in features. I learned that a Good DDO will ADD to the entire coin the same way.Here, after taking pic with a regular Nikkon L-24 I feel I was able to get into the nitty gritty somehow.Just to see the doubling lines.

Appreciate your views and advise that should I send it in for Certification to ANACS
    I did upload some pic and make YouTube video of it all but its shows as processing with YouTube at the moment or I would just given the link.

God Bless
    Beck. 2 best pic Morgan dollar closeup showing doubling.JPG 2 best pic Morgan dollar closeup showing doubling.JPG 1Omega1 Excellent photography of Becks 1921 DDO DDR coin.JPG Doubled earlobe 1921 DDO DDR silver Dollar.JPG 1921 Morgan Dollar showing doubling on dots.JPG AAA  Complete Nose and chin  .JPG 1 LIBERTY closeup.JPG Alpha Excellent Rev view Morgan 1921 Silver dollar showing Doubling.JPG The neck showing doubling.JPG AAA  pic     Keep  17.JPG

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

There are 100+ VAM's for the 1921-P, and the condition of your coin does not look like it would be worth grading. Put it in an Airtite, and save your money.

Chris

5. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

What he said^, when it comes to '21 morgans the desirable ones are the major errors like a cud or a major die break with a retained cud. Wide Reeds,Deformed letters,grease errors,cracked planchets, basically it needs to be naked eye visible error for a premium...Why? You ask? Because 99% of morgans have some sort of doubling.I can tell you this: its a 16 berry morgan, that helps narrow it down a bit if you decided to try finding it at vam world. I could help but we need a whole new set of pics.

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

I think the doubling is from moving the camera while taking the picture

Jwt708 likes this.
  7. shiny coins for life

shiny coins for life Active Member

8. Mirza Beck

Mirza Beck Member

Friends thanks for your input and advise.All I have is standard L-24 Nikkon and the doubling is almost right on top of each other when taken in bright light the doubling gets hidden. When taken in dim light it shows more (clearly).Thus, one sees the glimmerish pic with the doubling in it. Unless i invest in a microscope etc to take more pic its the very best I can do..here is another view that I forgot to show ...its more crispy pic Excellent pic Doubling on eyelid earlobe letter E  l 1921 Morgan silver Dollar DDO DDR.JPG
    Please note the letters E and L showing the doubling of somesort and Eyelids and the Earlobe is clearly showing doubling.
    If I let a blind man touch a regular Morgan and this one...the difference in height and prominent features of the coin would be easily noted.Again, thanks for your advise I know about the site mentioned reg the Morgans that there are lot of small VAM etc for this year found.But, the reason I mentioned this coin here I could not find anything of the sort online.

God Bless
    Beck.

9. Mirza Beck

Mirza Beck Member

Thanks for your reply,even though it migth look like that I took pic for 3 days just to get into the fine lines of doubling.The light had to be dim in order to capture the doubling.The dim light makes it look like that.I just posted a crispy more lighted pic where the doubling is still there in letters E clearly and L and the Earlobe and the Eyelid and bottom of the eye area.

10. Mirza Beck

Mirza Beck Member

Well Thanks for that note....to my knowledge no real FULL DDO coins have been found of this year.Even though we here believe one way or another its or not...only the authentication service will have the last word on that.God willing its a great find.
    ll

11. Mirza Beck

Mirza Beck Member

Here is better more lit up pic.... please note the letters E and L and the eyelids,below the eyelid area and the earlobe.

12. Mirza Beck

Mirza Beck Member

Friends the pic you see for my (greeting/membership thumbnail) is also posted here on this thread.The camera on a flat surface as well as the coin. Its the best pic I have taken yet in my three years of coins treasue hunt. Eye candy to me..I love seeing the doubling.All the doubling features are the same on the DATE and the MOTTO...again to my knowledge...only Hub doubling can do that not strike doubling,strike doubling will be a little here and a little there,but not in steady uniformity like this.I am not a Expert just a treasure hunter like many folks.
    For those who LOVE the Morgan dollar.....has anyone seen anything like this before 1Omega1 Excellent photography of Becks 1921 DDO DDR coin.JPG

13. Mirza Beck

Mirza Beck Member

I found a couple of more clear pic still showing the doubling.The earlier pic was just a closeup of the pic itself. NEXT   Omega2 view Morgan 1921 DDO DDR.JPG NEXT   2  AAA complet3 pic of the doubling.JPG closep 7  1921 Morgan silver dollar DDR DDO.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted