1921 Morgan...grade opinions

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by phankins11, Sep 30, 2016.

1. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

Does she make 65?

Pictures aren't the best but give me your best guess.

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

4. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Maybe could be 58 though but much better pics are needed. I can't even tell for sure if that's a hit or strikethrough at the S. Looks like a strikethrough though

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I'm not even going to try to guess where you hid the luster.

Chris

Paul M. likes this.
  6. DysfunctionalVeteran

DysfunctionalVeteran Oddly enough

I thought I gave bad photos. You make me look like a Pulitzer Prize winning photographer.

Thank you sir.

Santinidollar likes this.
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

There is a Pulitzer Prize for Photography?

Chris

8. DysfunctionalVeteran

There is now.

9. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

LOL..well I win the bet, because my bet was no as well. The pics aren't mine, they are the sellers. The seller is stuck on how clean the fields are, and I've picked on the S, the two carbon spots on the back, and the seeming dull luster as well. Although, from my experience, luster is hard to capture in a point and shoot camera phone in the fly. Takes a specific set up.

10. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

So we're looking at either a pretty terrific Morgan or one which has been dipped within an inch of its' life. :)

Did you crop the images or did the seller? I can see hints of a fairly bright red or brownish background which likely affected the color of the coin as well.

11. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

I would not buy from a seller that has poor quality photos.

12. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

I'm thinking MS64

13. Mike Thorne

Mike Thorne Well-Known Member

Looks pretty clean to me, with few hits or other defects, but the color is all wrong.

14. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

If it's an eBay coin I would defiantly buy it if the price was right and return it if turns out to be a SNAD

15. Daniel Lowery

Daniel Lowery Active Member

What is a SNAD?

16. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

"Significantly Not As Described"

17. SuperDave

Can't be SNAD if the photos are blurs and the seller says nothing about it. :p

18. DysfunctionalVeteran

I've done that 3 times in the past week. Don't even bother contacting the seller for the return either since they will try and sucker you into paying return shipping. Use the eBay return and the seller will have to provide shipping.

I've had sellers give me sob stories about how it's only safe to mark "no longer want the item" or some BS. Mark down that the photos don't match the item and be sure to put that in the EBay feedback.

The problem with eBay and the reason sellers get away with crappy photos is that people won't leave negative feedback. If you juice your photos I'll juice your feedback and let your potential customer base know what you do with your photos.

19. SuperDave

Ebay is practically automatic for buyers; sellers have deserted the place in droves because it's so easy to force a return. There was a heavy helping of sarcasm in my reply. I thought everyone knew how difficult Ebay was for sellers.

Sellers cannot leave anything but Positive Feedback. It's that bad.

20. DysfunctionalVeteran

You needed a better sarcasm smiley. Either that or I was running on 5 hour energy fumes with no food and little water. Thanks military.

21. SuperDave

Heh. Misinterpreting Posts 101 is another class I could teach from experience. :)

SNAD doesn't really matter at Ebay any more, though, since it;s so easy to force a return. Trouble is, you can't force a seller to learn to shoot decent images, either, nor can you force a buyer to bid & purchase intelligently.

So your only option is to become - through knowledge - one of the sharks in those infested waters. :vamp:

Draft saved Draft deleted