1921 Morgan Die Crack Question.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by HoosierDaddy, May 25, 2015.

1. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Active Member

On the reverse, I thought I had a large old scratch. But by looking into it I see, to me, it's a quite large die crack. I don't see this listed as a VAM. I would think that if this is a die crack, and the feathers look broken from the crack that it would be listed.

Thanks for the help everyone. New territory here! DSC08925.JPG DSC08926.JPG DSC08927 (1).JPG DSC08927 (2).JPG DSC08927 (3).JPG DSC08927.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

It's funny how it's running under the F and over the wingtip. At any rate, people don't care about these unless they make the top 100 lists, or some darn thing like that. Then they're collecting numbers in lists, not cracks. Oh, OK, some of these are dramatic, i.e., cool. You should be calling the crackpots at VAM who are promoting their expertise, see if they'll take it on. If you can get it published, you may have something. If you can't get it "in the book," so to speak, you most likely don't. That's their call. And it's just the reality on these. I'm just giving it to you straight.

Seattlite86 and HoosierDaddy like this.
  4. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Active Member

I found a match. It's a 1921D VAM 1W early example. Some of the cracks/breaks haven't formed yet or any extra metal in the cracks/breaks yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted