1921-D Morgan VAM-1E

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by SSG_Gonzo, Sep 28, 2016.

1. SSG_Gonzo

SSG_Gonzo Well-Known Member

Took these images today and then found out it was an early stage VAM-1E, I am assuming its an AU but hey I am always up to hear what everyone else has to say about grade, toning and attributions:
    1921-D Morgan VAM-1E $1 1 of 3.jpg 1921-D Morgan VAM-1E $1 2 of 3.jpg 1921-D Morgan VAM-1E $1 3 of 3.jpg 1921-D Morgan VAM-1E.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Doesn't look like 1E. Cracks are like fingerprints and must be exact

4. SSG_Gonzo

Early stages of the 1E, and all the cracks are there in accordance with the VAM World website.

5. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

6. SSG_Gonzo

Ok if not 1E then what do you suggest? I am always open to learning.

7. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I'm not getting any matches from the crack guide with the available info

8. SSG_Gonzo

Well I think you are right in regards to my coin, I believe it is not the 1E but hey its a Micro D (Joking of course, I know all 21-D are Micros). Thanks for helping me learn. It is still a nice toned Morgan and I got it for free so I did not pay an extreme premium :)

9. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

No problem. 1921's are one of the hardest to attribute unless you can quickly find it in the crack guide or scribbles guide. If you can get a Crystal clear zoomed-in pic of the scribbles area (viewers left leg between feathers and claw) maybe we can nail it that way. You would need to take the pic through a 10x loupe or use a usb microscope though

Draft saved Draft deleted