1921/2021 Silver Dollars - Holder?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Asher, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Asher

Asher Active Member

[When I finished writing this, it felt like more of what one would consider a reasonable type set for all these coins rather than finding a holder :)]

I would like to put a set together of:
    - 1921 Morgan
    - 1921 Peace
    - 2021 ASE
    - 2021 ASE New Reverse
    - 2021 Morgan Commemorative
    - 2021 Peace Commemorative

Mintmark not important, but I think all will be Philadelphia. It's an uncirculated finished type set.

I hope someone makes some kind of plastic display holder for these 6 coins (knowing the ASEs are a different diameter). That being said, a holder for all possible mint marks would be unwieldy when you consider the many finishes of the ASEs and 1921/2021 Morgan D-S, etc....

My only hope is Capital Plastics.com I think. I'm sure they'll be all sorts of configurations sold by the TV shows and whatnot.

William F likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

They’ll do custom holders for the right price but there’s basically no chance such a holder will be put on the market

4. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Good idea if you are one of the lucky ones who get one. They will be difficult to get.

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Probably Littleton Coin Company will create some kind of holder gimmick.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  6. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Take one of theirs with the right overall dims and modify it and make your own with some holesaws a rasp and some time.

7. GH#75

GH#75 Trying to get 8 hours of sleep in 4. . .

I've seen Littleton coin company sell single (common date) silver quarters for $20.

8. Gam3rBlake

Gam3rBlake Well-Known Member

What about a 2021 AGE?

9. Gam3rBlake

Gam3rBlake Well-Known Member

That is just appalling!

I would sell a 90% silver half dollar for $10 and a half dollar has twice as much silver.

GH#75 likes this.
  10. Asher

Asher Active Member

I'm probably talking about something different, the 99% silver proofs...
    I've was able to buy the 99% silver proof kennedy plus the dime for about $30. It seemed good (OCD completionist) after buying a few quarters for $8. And a 5 coin ATB slab for $38. eBay prices.

11. Asher

Asher Active Member

As for my OP, Just thinking out loud. That set would be my target hopeful purchase.

Draft saved Draft deleted