1920's German currency/coins

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by shallette8888, May 24, 2005.

1. shallette8888

shallette8888 New Member

I hope I don't impose on or bore anyone, but I'm totally new to this arena. My Mom has some pre-WWII era coins and currency from Germany and surrounding countries. She asked if I would research the marketability of this type thing. I belive most of it is from the 1920's (Currency dates are from 1906 - 1925) and most is from Germany.
    Would anyone be so kind as to point me in a starting direction? I would greatly appreciate any help.

I should probably add that this is SO new to me that I don't even know what to look for on the currency/coins to accurately describe what she has. I will try to borrow a digital camera and add pics so maybe someone can tell me what she has. My Mom has had these as a collection since my Dad brought them back from Germany (he was in WWII).

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Spider

Spider ~

4. satootoko

satootoko Retired

Welcome to the forum Shallette.

Take a look at the first thread in the What's It Worth forum for some basic information about what we need to know in order to offer opinions on the value of any coin. That value depends on many factors, including the condition of the coin, its relative rarity, and the number of collectors who might need it.

Most importantly, enjoy the quest.

5. leolondon

leolondon New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted