1920 PILGRIM FATHERS TERCENTENARY COMMEMORATIVE DUTCH MEDAL

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Lyricfive, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Lyricfive

Lyricfive Active Member

Not a coin but this appears to be a rare medal. I can't find any info online about it. Someone possibly know what the value is for this thing?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

4. Lyricfive

Lyricfive Active Member

Yeah I've found few results like this but sadly can't see what they sold for. Thank you.

5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Wait for other opinions... The medals collectors here might be able to find your medals value.

Lyricfive likes this.
  6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I've been collecting medals since the early 90's, and one thing I learned is that you can put anything you want into a design without making it illegal.

The biggest problem you face is that few records are kept about so many medals which makes it very difficult to determine its history. You will also find that many of them are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. Given the condition of this medal, I wouldn't want it, but that's just me.

FWIW, I have more than one hundred anniversary medals for towns in New England - MA, NH, CT, RI & VT - centennials, bicentennials, tercentennials, etc. - and most of them were produced within the last 50 years.

Chris

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    Paul M. and Lyricfive like this.
  8. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Sorry the link does not work. I just got off work. The medal sold on that site and I was not able to get more info on the medal.

9. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

belgian Chris van der Hoef, bronzen penning, 1920 Bronze medal by Chris van der Hoef, 1920 Item #:1013 Chris van der Hoef, penning ter herdenking van het feit dat de Pilgrim Father. This info might help ? This was copied and pasted from me just now...

Draft saved Draft deleted