1919 1/2 mark Stadt Duren PILOT Varieties?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by lightrain, Jan 4, 2015.

1. lightrain

lightrain Member

I recently bought 2 of these and realized the reverses are different regarding the tail of the last 9 in the date and the tail of the curl on the left. I borrowed:bag: the attached photos from the web b/c my coins aren't in yet. Are there known varieties? I know there was also a MINER 1/2 mark that year too, does it have known varieties? and could there be a mule situation here?

Attached Files:

jello likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

cool coins, I have the soldier 1 with helmet.

4. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Don't have that one, but keep in mind that these were issued as notgeld (emergency money). So varieties are quite likely ...

Christian

5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

6. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

7. lightrain

lightrain Member

Arrgh! I wrote a great post but didn't log in! derpp. Basically, I think I see more 1919 1/2 mark pilots with the long 9, and so far all the 1919 1/2 mark miners I see have a shorter 9. Thing is, I have a pilot on the way that looks like it has an even shorter 9 than the miner- will post up when I get them. There were 700k miners minted and only 300k pilots, so could be that extra miner reverses got paired with pilots, or perhaps there are just a bunch of die varieties.

8. lightrain

lightrain Member

Well, at long last, here you go. The first 2 images are of the same coin- an AU 1919 Stadt Duren Pilot with a short tail on the last 9. The second 2 images are of an MS+++ (best Ive ever seen) 1919 Pilot with a long tail on the last 9 of 1919. The MS coin looks repunched- looking at the round part of the 9. I also included a bonus image of what I think is a 1862/1 belgium 10 centimes (just had it sitting around).

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted