1918 Costa Rica 10 Centavos NEAT DIE BREAK

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Briboy07, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Briboy07

Briboy07 Well-Known Member

I have no clue where I got this. I have a bunch of old foreign coins and I really have no idea where I got them. This one has very neat die break from one part of the rim and intersects to another on the obverse.

150729021215369.jpg 150729021115325.jpg 150729021313906.jpg 150729021557570.jpg 150729021426049.jpg

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Probably shortly before it shattered.

Briboy07 likes this.
  4. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Very nice shattered die as Frank has said.
    I looked in Whitman 1800 - 1964 small world book and there was note about date variety. But no explanation of the variety.
    May want to study up ??

:)

Rick Stachowski and Briboy07 like this.
  5. Briboy07

Always learning!!! Never knew about that "Whitman," thank you very much!!! I will start looking it up :)

jello likes this.
  6. 91stang2

91stang2 Pocket change junkie

double crack...nice coin

Briboy07 likes this.
  7. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

There is no mention in the Krause SCWC about a date variety for this issue.

Briboy07 likes this.
  8. Briboy07

Ty for your help!!!!!

9. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Whitman 1800 thru 1964 world coin book just notes a variety that could mean few things.
    Style, die variety then their errors that sometimes are not worth time and effort. Best is to find a World Error coin websites that may be the answer.

Briboy07 likes this.
  10. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

awesome!!!!

Briboy07 likes this.
  11. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

nice snag.. I think you need to pay more attention to that date area though. Looks like something is going on there.

12. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

He'll be back, I talk to him last night about 2:00AM . He did neck surgery not to long ago and isn't feeling to good right now . Get better soon my friend, well be waiting ...

Briboy07 and 91stang2 like this.
  13. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

wish him well and a awesome recovery.

Briboy07 and Rick Stachowski like this.
  14. Briboy07

Yes bad neck problems, sry took so long. I didn't know what to make of the date, but I knew it looked unusual on the 8. This is why I took a close shot of it just in case someone would let me know what they think.

Thank you! Today is a better day!

15. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

you are doing good though right welcome back. The neck problem is looking at to many coins, I feel it now. ;)

16. Briboy07

Well, my second surgery and I actually am not doing to well. Boy, looking at coins sure doesn't help it.

17. Rick Stachowski

You have to make some changes now, try to get your image taker ( scope ) more level to your eyes, so you don't have to bend your neck to see what your doing. I sit at my kitchen table and everything is pretty level, I can see what I'm doing without bending my neck to do it . Its looking for coins though a 10x, that will kill your neck ..

18. Briboy07

Sounds gd, thank you Rick you are great person to have as a friend!!!!! I am going to have to take another break from coin hunting though, hope it's not long, but it doesn't mean I won't stop looking at the threads and post :)

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  19. Rick Stachowski

Take care of yourself and remember, family always first and you know where to find me . May god bless you and your family, always ...

Briboy07 likes this.
  20. KurtS

KurtS Die variety collector

Nice break...and I think the die wear explains the misshapen 8 in the date--it looks like they added just the last digit after hubbing.

Briboy07 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted