1917 Type I SLQ, Full Head

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Vroomer2, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Vroomer2

Vroomer2 Active Member

Been holding off showing this one for you all to see. (Because every damn coin I post you all say they're fake. :rolleyes: )

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. n_sandler4

n_sandler4 Paul

Beautiful coin!

4. 09S-V.D.B

09S-V.D.B Coin Hoarder

That coin is CLEARLY A FAKE!

J/k! :) Very nice :thumb: What's she graded?

5. acanthite

acanthite ALIIS DIVES

I think its beautiful, but I'm biased toward the SLQ design, down to the ornate edges. Thanks for sharing!

BTW, are we allowed to post nude pictures here?:whistle:

6. Vroomer2

Vroomer2 Active Member

She's the start of my Full Head SLQ set.

7. bruce 1947

bruce 1947 Support Or Troops

Looks nice can we see a picture of the reverse.

8. Mikjo0

Mikjo0 Numismatist

That's a beauty Vroomer!
    Must have set you back a couple of dineros.

9. NathansCoin

NathansCoin New Member

i likes it..i likes it a lot.

10. Jhonn

Jhonn Team Awesome

I agree: fake! But seriously, that looks a billion times better than my 1917 Type I, which is only about VG. Congrats on the acquisition.

11. satootoko

satootoko Retired

I don't know of anything in the forum rules that would prevent posting things like Type 1 SLQs, the world coins referred to as BBL (bare breasted ladies) in another forum, or even the Cook Island coins which depict an unquestionably male figure! :eek:

The test (outside the GD and PRWE forums) is simply whether or not the post relates to a numismatic topic, and it's hard to conceive of a picture of a coin that wouldn't pass that test with flying colors. :rolleyes:

BTW Vroomer, the best way to avoid having anyone call one of your coins fake is to post only unquestionably genuine items, like this one. :D

12. der_meister77

der_meister77 Senior Member

Thanks for letting us take a peek at that beauty, Vroomer!

I sure woudn't mint one of those... (understatement)

13. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Beats mine :) [​IMG] "Very nice example Vroomer, very nice. Looks AU-55/58 or MS-62 to me.

Take Care
    Ben

14. Vroomer2

Vroomer2 Active Member

She's actually PCGS MS-65.

I'll post it again, I use a 0.31 megapixel camcorder for pics.

15. EdsCoin

EdsCoin Senior Member

OH NO! PCGS is now slabing Fake coins.

No, Thats a Beautiful Coin :thumb:

16. Mikjo0

Mikjo0 Numismatist

17. CoinOKC

CoinOKC Don't Drink The Kool-Aid

OK, Roy...

I'm going to test your theory here... I've added an eBay auction link to the Cook Island coin you mentioned. Personally, I find nothing offensive about the coin. In fact, I wouldn't mind having one in my collection. Nevertheless, there was quite a bit of controversy surrounding this coin when it was introduced (as I remember).

So, instead of posting a picture of the coin, I'll let everyone decide whether to view the coin, or not.

CAUTION: The coin depicts male anatomy. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/COOK-ISLANDS-1975-Dollar-Tiki-God-Proof_W0QQitemZ180059022480QQihZ008QQcategoryZ3392QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

18. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

19. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Vroomer:
    That is, without a doubt one of the nicest Type 1 quarters that I have ever seen.
    NO ONE can queston that as a full head.
    Congratualtions on a great acquisition.
    :bow:

20. Check_M_All

Check_M_All New Member

Beautiful coin there, Vroomer. Standing Liberty is one of my three favorite designs. The others being Walking Liberty and Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle. I just love the full length Liberty coins. They really used the coin to its full potential. It's as though the Mint realized they had created little masterpieces and decided they'd never be able to top it... so let's just put some floating heads on a plain field and forget how good we once were....

Congratulations!

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's coin... But I do, I really really do.

As far as BBLs... There's an idea for the Mint to look into. If they really want to turn a profit and bring in a whole new crowd of collectors, a new series... maybe Lingerie Liberty

21. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

Very nice pickup. I have been putting a set of those together for about 10 years now. Down to 4. Tough set to find the coins that fit well into a set. I think its the ugliest prettiest coin the US Mint has ever made. Grading them drives me crazy! I watched a 1917 MS64 go on HA for around 500 a week or so ago. Good Luck on the set. Hope you have Deeeeeeeeeeeeep pockets. : )

Draft saved Draft deleted