1917 Standing Liberty Type One Quarter

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by marbury518, Jan 16, 2017.

1. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

Bought some US low grade silver recently as they came with other material.....I think this is probably the most worthy........hope this is better than Good..........PLMK. Still in flip as not arrived. 1917.jpg 1917 r.jpg

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Good?

well, it is probably real

4. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

As a guess, technical merit probably puts it in the vicinity of VF20 although the surfaces are in question of course.

Paul M. likes this.
  5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

That's definitely a number of steps above "junk silver", regardless of cleaning. It would likely bring tens of dollars on eBay.

charlietig and Paul M. like this.
  6. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Looks like an excellent hole filler! Congrats !

7. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I'm not at VF-20.
    But at F-12 I think $50 retail?

8. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

OK..........thanks gents....if F-12 and $50 I guess I'd break even.......I will post the other stuff I got as soon as it all arrives. Quite a few Barber quarters early stuff......but I appreciate the mint mark and grade will be important in determining if I did OK.

9. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

Here are the other dates..............feedback welcome should any of these lower grade coins be of collectability.

1908 Barber
    1908 O Barber
    1902 O Barber
    1906 P Barber
    1894 Barber
    1894 S Barber
    1894 Barber
    1894 O Barber
    1893 Barber
    1893 S Barber
    1891 S Seated Liberty Quarter

10. marbury518

marbury518 Marbury

1894 O mint mark location looks odd........ 26401493_3[1].jpg

Attached Files:

Michael K likes this.
  11. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

The quarter design didn't leave quite enough room for a mint mark, so it was often offset as you see there.

For a long time, David Lawrence had his guide to Barber Quarters available for free on his website. I wish it were still available, although I can understand why he didn't want take a book he's still selling and let people have it for free. It showed mintmark positions for each year and mint.

If nothing else, you can Google for each date and mintmark, and compare your coin to images of others.

Draft saved Draft deleted