1917 dd wheat penny? ??

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Handy man, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Handy man

Handy man Member

Trying to get this dd thing down,any help would be great thanks

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Pictures are kind of blurry. Also it's 99 years of wear and tear. The letters and numbers will look thicker over time.

4. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Why the poll?

5. Handy man

Handy man Member

Im new here and getting into coins,sorry
    Whats s poll

6. Handy man

Handy man Member

Yea sorry about that anything to look for?

7. Handy man

Handy man Member

Whats a poll sorry new

8. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

That thing you put at the top of the thread.
    You don't have to post that.

9. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

nope, not the DDO

10. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

And you just read there's a rare 1917 doubled die cent worth a lot of money, and you just found a 1917 cent, and you're hoping you got it, right?

Let me give you a tip on how you do it, if you really want to get into coins. If you just want to know if you struck it on this coin, you got your answer. If you want to get into coins, read first, then look, so you have some idea what you're looking for.

11. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

The major DDO of 1917 extends the top ( horizontal bar of the 7) up and not the slanted vertical part of the 7. The top will always appear much thicker than the vertical column of the 7, no matter how worn the coin, as long as the wear appears even. I use that as criteria to eliminate all others and then check the possibles with a stronger lens. Easy thing to do at shows or ebay photos. I have only found VG or G, as the doubling lines become more apparent the lighter the wear.
    Jim

Hunting Rare likes this.
  12. Handy man

Handy man Member

Thank you very much sir,and this is something me and my grandfather would do,I was to rambunctious to really sit and go through coins with him and regret it evertime ,I try to have my boy do it with me,so im trying to make it up,I think my boy if better then me lol,im not out to get rich what so ever never have sold any one of my rare coins I do have just trying to have a great collection one day...

13. Handy man

Handy man Member

I thought that ,me and my son been looking it up,and it told me that the top inner part of the 9 I would be able to see
    If I would have been it would have went in my sons collection he uses he allowance to buy wheat rolls,and we sit and go through them,he almost has a complete wheat set,

Draft saved Draft deleted