1917 d Lincoln

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by eric6794, Nov 18, 2017.

1. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

Not in the best of condition but it's pre 1920. Horrible pics sorry but i'm fighting a cold and my hands aren't very steady tonight. 1917d1.jpg 1917d2.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

4. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

5. eric6794

Really? I thought I done hit the JACKPOT. Value is besides the point. It's a change find and it is what it is.

6. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

it's good to find... not much value but you start collecting this way. I found a 1929-D today in change from yesterday's shopping. That surprised me, 'cuz finding any before 1940 is getting more difficult. Mine s in a little better condition than yours.

eric6794 likes this.
  7. eric6794

@Kasia I really dont think value is the meaning behind the CRH thread. From my understanding it is just to show off things you find while CRH that is not in the normal range of finding on a day to day basis. Pre 1920 to me is not something you see everyday so therefore that the reason for posting. Maybe im wrong about this part of CT.?

8. Kasia

Coin Roll Hunting is for showing off and just about anything related to this.

9. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

sick.JPG

eric6794 likes this.
  10. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Congrats on finding a Century old Cent! :wideyed:

eric6794 and eddiespin like this.
  11. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

It's cool to find something like this.

eric6794 likes this.
  12. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Ever consider spending it? They're not worth anything but a thrill and they already served that purpose with you, give them a chance to serve it with somebody else.

eric6794 likes this.
  13. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

We should all being doing that.

eric6794 likes this.
  14. Suztbird

Suztbird New Member

Great find! Hope you get well soon.

eric6794 likes this.
  15. Kasia

Yes and no. If it serves being in your own collection or as a gift to a young numismatist, then don't spend it. But if after you have been collecting and maybe you get several and don't need them, let them free for someone else to find or for it to be lost forever.

Periodically, I go thru my Wheaties ad determine which I will keep and then the rest get spent. But when looking thru if I spot even most of the common ones I already have from the 40s and 50s, they don't even get kept unless the seem higher quality... They go immediately to the spend pile.

BTW, today I found a 1925-S in CRH.

16. eric6794

lol. My wife has banished me to the other side of the house and i'm sleeping in the guest bed until I get better.

paddyman98 likes this.
  17. eric6794

When I find wheats that I cant use in my collection I put them in a holder for my 10 year old cousin that I am trying to get into collecting.

eddiespin likes this.
  18. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

That's another good disposition of them--definitely. :)

eric6794 likes this.
  19. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Be nice to her and do the bedding yourself in the laundry so she won't catch it. If you don't next time she will sneak up with the spray disinfectant and spray you while you are asleep and sick.

eric6794 and Kasia like this.
  20. eric6794

oddly enough I typically do all the laundry and cleaning around the house but where I have been unable to move much without loosing my breath she has been doing the chores. She uses plenty of hand sanitizer but we all know that doesn't mean she wont catch it. I jokingly told her if she gets sick it's on her lol.

21. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

Very Very nice find. To find a teens cent is very unusual anymore. I do remember finding some in the late seventies roll hunting as a kid they were uncommon then.

eric6794 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted