1916 Standing Liberty Quarter.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by LostDutchman, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Mark Feld

Mark Feld Rare coin dealer

How about answering my question?

And by the way, when a grading company reviews a coin in a holder of a different grading company for crossover purposes, they are "grading the grader" and charging a fee. So, if you are consistent in your thinking and behavior, if you wont even consider a CAC coin, you also wont even consider a coin that has been crossed from one grading company's holder to that of another.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

The answer to your question is in Google....like I said.

So where do you want to go with this Mark? If your interested in a testosterone driven flame war this evening, I'm not biting. Look it UP or DON'T LOOK IT UP...it is up to you.

:kewl:

Ruben

4. Mark Feld

As I understood your stated position (automatically passing on any CAC verified coin) it didn't make sense to me. I wanted to be sure I understood you correctly, so I asked a fairly simple question, which you didn't answer in a direct manner, if at all. That is your choice, but don't accuse me of trying to start a flame war because I asked you to answer it.

5. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Its not a simple question, and if you googled it or used the cointalk search on this topic, you would understand that.

Ruben

6. Mark Feld

Below is my question (again). It's really is fairly simple and has nothing to do with your toxic asset derivative analogy, which I happen to think was way off base. If you don't care to explain it, so be it.

"So, to make sure I have this straight...

For example, you see a coin graded MS65 by expert A, and if you like it, want it and the price is right, you'll buy it. But if you know that the identical coin was also examined by expert B, who agreed with the grade, and the price is identical, you'll automatically pass on it?"

7. snaz

snaz Registry fever

I'll quote it so the other stuff is out of the way.
    Please answer this question Ruben.
    Also, nice coin LD!

8. malak1

malak1 Junior Member

Gorgeous coin Mark. The AU that started this post is nice too. Maybe I'll have one when I sell all my worldly goods; maybe.

9. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Mark - Ruben has held the point of view since CAC was launched that CAC is a scam, that it serves no purpose and that collectors would be better off if the company did not exist. To put it very mildy, Ruben has no use for CAC and as a sign of protest would buy no coins stickered by them.

Now if you want to take the time to search the forum you will find a great many posts and lengthy discussions on the subject where Ruben explains all of his reasoning. Those discussions alone would fill a book. That's what he's been trying to get you to do so he does not have to go through it all again.

10. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

http://www.cointalk.com/t79126/#post743929

This isn't directly communicative enough? This is the internet. We have no need to repeat things twice. If you want to ask the thoughtful question as to why, then search the archives.

Ruben

11. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Hello Mark

That is not correct. They reslab them with their grade which is an enormous difference. What CAC does would be ILLEGAL in a regulated market.

12. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

If you ever worked in an office type invironment you would know that many individuals may have something to drink with thier lunch that is on the Alcoholish sort of liquid. This could possibly lead to different evaluations of coins if that organization is close enough to an establishment that serves such refreshments. :goofer: Now I wonder if a longer lunch would make coins look better or worse.:confused:

13. Mark Feld

Thanks Doug. I appreciate it.

14. Searcher64

Searcher64 Member

Did he have the old holder? I would have asked him for it, as proof of the original. From what I can see, it's a real nice coin and I also wonder how they ID it as cleaned. Did the person who checked the coin at NGC leave his name.:)-O) The obv has four dark spots, the shield dots are not full. The fifth star on the obv left from the bottom is light. The bottom of the neck has concave spot. The right leg is full, no flat spots. The rev at the outer ring has a haze that might ID that the coin was cleaned. But still a real nice coin.

Draft saved Draft deleted