1916 Standing Liberty Quarter on eBay

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Inspector43, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

Blurry pics and the obligatory, "Seller does not accept returns" comment in the listing. I am guessing people are playing with him, and he will get it back.

mac266 likes this.
  4. TONYBRONX

TONYBRONX Well-Known Member

SUCKERS BORN EVERY MINUTE, AND MANY HUNGRY SHARKS TO EAT THEM UP!

spirityoda and Inspector43 like this.
  5. Inspector43

So, since it is "not as described" eBay will be responsible? Then eBay will tack appropriate action? Is this what you are saying? I hope so. Thanks.

6. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Even if the seller states "Seller does not accept returns", if you file a "significantly Not As Described" (SNAD) claim ebay will require the return and the buyer gets their money back and the shipping cost. Not sure how ebay gets the money back, probably tacks it onto the sellers monthly bill.

Inspector43 likes this.
  7. Inspector43

Thanks for the feedback. I have never needed this yet but it is nice to know.

8. TyCobb

TyCobb A product of PMD

I have always been curious about this. If I sell something and the buyer decides to pull this card even though it was a legit item, does the seller get any guarantee that the item is returned?

I do apologize if this next section becomes loaded and feel free to ignore it. I haven't sold anything on ebay since 2003 and that account was eventually deactivated due to inactivity, but I remember hearing of changes years ago that put everything in the buyer's favor and can completely screw over the seller. Do the sellers actually have any guarantee anymore with getting the items back or reversed paypal transactions? Like I said, it's been a long time since I've sold anything, but I just remember hearing of a wave of sellers continually getting screwed years ago after policy changes.

9. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

Bay isn't responsible - they didn't post a coin falsely listed - but they will step in and protect the buyer. So the seller will get stuck paying the postage both ways because they listed it incorrectly. Unless the buyer thinks they are going to steal a 1916/17 SLQ.

10. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I do believe he has to return it, possibly provide a tracking number, but they could just send an empty box and once the post office indicates it was delivered he gets his money back, and you get the empty box.

TyCobb likes this.
  11. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

There's never enough area in the report section to quickly describe what is wrong with this listing.

12. Inspector43

The entire concept of eBay has changed. In the beginning it was more of an on-line garage sale. Or, a place for collectors to fine things they wanted and get the things they didn't want to someone who did. Everyone seemed to be very honest. Feedback was important and the seller would usually give feedback first. It is now an on-line store and, generally, collectors of any product are customers only. The seller won't send feedback until the buyer does. The feedback feature is just to get sellers a better rating.

I use it very rarely anymore. At one time I used it daily to get things I wanted and pass on things I don't need.

TyCobb likes this.
  13. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

There's no way to even email Ebay.

Inspector43 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted