1916 Italy 2 Lire Vittorio Emanuel III

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Morgandude11, Apr 7, 2021.

1. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

Here is my example of the Quadriga Veloce 1 Lira (earlier style):

[​IMG]

I also have an example of the 20 centesimi in NGC-64 - such a pretty coin design:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Morgandude11 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

I don't want to derail this thread from the topic at hand - but the masterful Italian artistry has persisted into the modern era also.

The coin design below (first issued in 1958 and struck through 2001) is absolutely gorgeous in my opinion and the mintages of modern pieces are quite low. A lot of value in the Italian coinage - and they truly are like little metal masterpieces.

[​IMG]

Morgandude11 likes this.
  4. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

I have no problem expanding this thread. Italian coins are particularly beautiful. The 500 Lire coin continues the tradition of beauty, and artistry in the country’s coinage. US coins rarely have the same level of beauty. A lot of that may directly relate to Italy’s multi-century reverence for fine art, which is reflected in coinage.

serafino likes this.
  5. princeofwaldo

princeofwaldo Grateful To Be eX-I/T!

Nice one!! Here's the 1917-R Lira. Probably the easiest GEM with this design to acquire, even super nice looking examples like this one are available for under $100. This one would likely grade higher if resubmitted now days. Doesn't make sense to waste the money on grading fees for such an inexpensive coin however.

ita1917a.jpg ita1917b.jpg

serafino and Morgandude11 like this.
  6. princeofwaldo

princeofwaldo Grateful To Be eX-I/T!

Would love to have added a 1914-R Italy 5 Lire when they were still under 10 grand. Decent ones now trading for $15k and up. The 1911-R Italy 5 Lire is also a great coin, and with a considerably lower price point though still expensive compared to the smaller silver coins. An MS63 example worth about half what an MS64 is worth, --almost like a US coin.

ita1911.05.jpg ita1911.06.jpg

brg5658, Chris B and Morgandude11 like this.
  7. Seated J

Seated J Well-Known Member

Really beautiful coin. I've started collecting Italian coins recently and the 2L coins were the inspiration. Great looking coins and as others have stated really attractively priced.

serafino and Morgandude11 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted