1916 D Buffalo drops out of bank roll....

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Jeff Beatty, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Jeff Beatty

Jeff Beatty Member

This is my first EVER find of a buff inside a bank roll of nickels. (I've only been at it for 6 months and have searched less than $800.00 worth of rolls during that period)

This was literally at the front end of the nickel roll (but I didn't notice it until I carefully set the first pile down) and first nickel of the night....I had 10 rolls to work through & this was coin #1! But my excitement quickly turned to a sense of dread....as the obverse is so obliterated I couldn't immediately see the date. After viewing this at many different angles, in different light, different magnification levels and comparing it to stock photos of the 1916, 1926 and 1936 nickels...I am convinced it is a 1916 D. I LOVE searching nickels. This coin was "out there" for 100 years before I stopped it. Would sure love to know the places it has been. IMG_3079.jpg IMG_3080.jpg IMG_3081.jpg

Paddy54, NSP and Ron Henry like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Good for you!
    Steve

4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

6. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

Nice! If the date was COMPLETELY obliterated and you had no hope in reading it, you could still soak it in vinegar to restore the date. Good thing you could see it though.

Draft saved Draft deleted