1916 10Hellers MS or Au?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by jello, Jun 26, 2014.

1. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Here a 1916 10hellers
    Please grade it MS or Au . Thank You! :) _KGrHqRHJFUFBh_GQSEsBQc7G_2WYg_60_3-1.jpg _T2eC16RHJGQE9noM_B8_BQc7GqzQqw_60_3-1-1.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Few more photos .:) _KGrHqRHJFUFBh_GQSEsBQc7G_2WYg_60_3-1-3.jpg _KGrHqRHJFUFBh_GQSEsBQc7G_2WYg_60_3-1-1.jpg _KGrHqRHJFUFBh_GQSEsBQc7G_2WYg_60_3-1-2.jpg _T2eC16RHJGQE9noM_B8_BQc7GqzQqw_60_3-1-1-1.jpg _T2eC16RHJGQE9noM_B8_BQc7GqzQqw_60_3-1-1.jpg

4. doug444

doug444 STAMPS and POSTCARDS too!

AU - plenty of circulation marks on the "10" numerals; don't appear to be bag marks.

jello likes this.
  5. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

I do
    see the marks on 10 but the other parts of both Obv and Rev are mintstage plus! :)
    I think the marks on ten are from being put in coin books slips etc . Graders that the hard questions .
    :)

6. doug444

If you're eating an apple, and find a worm, do you keep eating, on the theory that 99% of the apple's good? :yack:

jello likes this.
  7. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Good ole sayin :) things often forgotten .:)

8. coingeek12

coingeek12 Well-Known Member

phhh, I would eat the apple AND the worm. more protein!

9. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

never mind, I don't want to get banned!

ugh is enough

Bayern1900 likes this.
  10. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

It does look to have some high point wear...so I'm going to say AU.

11. The Old Sarge

The Old Sarge Junior Member

If memory serves me right the coin is struck in Iron, a damn hard metal to fully strike up. Personally I would call it a Choice. That way you won't get any arguments from the tire kickers. There are some coins that that are truly Unc (the 1922 plain cent for instance or some of the Buffalo nickels) and this is one of them. but it just doesn't look Unc. If a rare coin is valuable, and looks like this, then slab it and get a professional grade on it. Or, avoid the BS and put it in your $2 Junque Box. It will sell faster that way.

Paul
    The Old Sarge

12. doug444

It's not iron, it's copper-nickel-zinc, per Krause, for a 1916 Austria 10 heller; you may be thinking of the German 10 pfennig coin. It's KM #2825, cataloging $3.00 in extremely fine. I don't think it will fly in Mint State.

13. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Hex I posted a coin to grade.banning ? B.S comes up whatsoever is the issue ???

I collect any silver high grade ten cents in this case it's a heller .
    :)

14. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

15. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Why don't you say What wrong Frank ?
    I do not control anything like N.S. C.C burn you yet??
    I told ya all but One that was banned was n
    Me.

16. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

What the heck are you talking about?

See the quote above my post.

17. The Old Sarge

The Old Sarge Junior Member

Doug444. You are right. It was the German piece, not the Austrian piece I was thinking about. Regardless, the alloy used in Austria was was very hard and did not always strike up well.

Jello; Two comments. The 1916 10 Heller is NOT silver although there are a very few pattern/experimental 10 Heller of 1916 in a low grade silver. Very rare, most melted. Also, a JUNQUE (note high class spelling) box and a junk box used to be two different things. The JUNQUE box was full of nice coins at discounted prices. The junk box was exactly that and generally priced at 25 cents/5 for $1/make an offer for the whole box price. Sold more damn 100 coin boxes that way.

As an aside, I use to give my young 8 year old daughter that were candidates for a junk box. We found an old wooden nail keg at a yard sale and an old ammo box. She would set up with me. Her sign read "Emily's Really Inexpensive Foreign Coins". At her first show in Sulfer, Louisiana, they even gave her a table free. Everybody at the show (dealers and customers alike) came over. She made money hand over fist. Her net sales at the end of the show exceeded $100.00. Talk about being a happy kid.

Memories, precious memories.

Paul, the Old Sarge

non_cents and silentnviolent like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted