1913 Germany Prussia 3 Mark

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by furryfrog02, Feb 26, 2016.

1. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I wasn't paying attention to my bid on this on ebay and won it kind of by accident. I love the design and have been looking for one for awhile. I paid $20.51 for it and I'm thinking that I didn't over pay by much, if any. What do you guys think? These are obviously seller's pictures. I will add mine when I get the coin in hand. Thanks for looking.

1913 Germany 3 Mark.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I'd be concerned about authenticity when buying something like that on fleaBay.

swamp yankee likes this.
  4. furryfrog02

The seller has 100% feedback and has been selling on ebay for 10 years. Looks to be all coins. I know that isn't a guarantee but at least it gives me some comfort. :)
    Nothing on this coin shouts to me as being fake. Do you see anything?

5. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

Nice coin, fair price. Now you just need the 2 mark to complete the set :p

6. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I don't see anything that stands out, but maybe the colour of the photograph is throwing me off a bit. Then looking again the rim took some possible hits under the "Drei" that could account for the low bidding.

7. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

I hate to be negative but the color and smoothness of the fields versus the discoloration and dings at the rim concern me.

8. furryfrog02

I will be sure to take a look at those when I get it.
    Hey kids - Don't drink and bid on ebay :p

9. Travlntiques

Travlntiques Well-Known Member

I'd have no concerns about authenticity, but the quality is a little lacking. Looks cleaned and those rim hits are distracting to me, but over-all......you can't beat the price and it really is a beautiful design! Now sell it for a profit and get one in MS with the extra money :p

furryfrog02 likes this.
  10. furryfrog02

I do love the design. My problem is that I have a hard time parting with my coins. My poor kids and wife when I die... :p

11. swamp yankee

swamp yankee Well-Known Member

One great looking coin,the price seems right for a piece of art like that.....

furryfrog02 likes this.
  12. furryfrog02

Which is why I bought it. It's a beautiful coin. I usually only pay melt for world silver but this one I didn't mind paying over.

13. furryfrog02

It came in the mail today. Here is my poor attempt at a photo :)
    1913 Germany Prussia 3 Mark B.jpg

sonlarson likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted