1912 Wheat Error?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Danny The Great, Aug 31, 2019.

?

Is this an error coin?

1. Error

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. After Mint

100.0%
  3. Something Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Danny The Great

Danny The Great New Member

So I can't make heads or tails of it it is an actual or it appears to be an actual mint mark. I typically just cast off most things is not being an actual legitimate error coin but this one I just had to put this out there and see I couldn't find anything myself that was relevant to help explain it so I thought I might rely on the great minds that dwell here within. Thank you!
    About the photo as you can tell there is some content inside of the circle my best guess is it ink, but I wouldn't go above my trueability and guarantee that. It is an indented and raised mark like that what you would find with a mint mark but that's why I'm here.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Handyman

Handyman Well-Known Member

It appears Imo that your coin is just normal circulation wear on a copper Cent, FYI coins are minted not printed so from my understanding there would be no ink.

HaleiwaHI and Danny The Great like this.
  4. Danny The Great

I mentioned the ink because Elsewhere on the coin it looks like there are spots of ink oh, I'm not sure if you'd see it in the picture though. I was just very taken aback by how it looks like a perfect o or the letter c even. And it raises up from the coin so I found that something bring here to discuss. But I thank you

Handyman likes this.
  5. Handyman

Handyman Well-Known Member

If you take a coin that's been around for a hundred and seven years just imagine the stories It could tell. LOL

Danny The Great likes this.
  6. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

The raised metal is a sign of being hit with another object and dirt has got inside the dent and can't be worn off the coin and has stayed there for many years.
    Not an Error. IMO

Spark1951 and Danny The Great like this.
  7. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Just a tiny damaged spot.

8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Have you ever heard the term "crater effect" as it applies to an impact crater?
    CRATER EFFECT.jpg

Chris

9. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

Just damage.

10. Danny The Great

11. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

If any surface takes a hit the excess material must move somewhere. Looks like a hit from a sharp object.

12. Mike Thorne

Mike Thorne Well-Known Member

I thought it looked like a "D."

Draft saved Draft deleted