WTS: 1912 Barber Dime PR63 CAC PCGS Rattler

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by jtlee321, Sep 23, 2017.

1. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

Hello all. I have a gorgeous 1912 Barber Dime in a low serial number PCGS Rattler graded PR63 with CAC. At the time this coin was graded PCGS did not designate proof coins minted prior to 1950 as CAM. In my opinion, this coin would easily upgrade to PR64 and receive the CAM designation today. While it did not get the gold bean I thought it would, it's still an undergraded coin by today's standards. I had a chance to speak with John Albanese about coins getting a gold bean. He told me that a coin graded 63 would essentially need to be a 64.9 or higher in their eyes to get a gold bean. He also stated that its possible for a coin to grade a 63 and get a green bean and then upgrade to a 64 and still get a green bean. They just reserve the gold sticker for exceptional coins.

I'm asking $700.00 for this gorgeous example. The price includes shipping and I would be happy to invoice you via PayPal to protect both parties. I also have a 100% positive feedback score of 501 on eBay. I just don't want to list this on eBay as the fees have gotten ridiculous. I am willing to entertain offers. PM me if you have any questions or are interested.

1912-Proof-Barber-Dime-Obverse-Axial-Lighting.jpg 1912-Proof-Barber-Dime-Reverse-Axial-Lighting.jpg 1912-Proof-Barber-Dime-PCGS-PR-63-Slab-Front-CAC.jpg 1912-Proof-Barber-Dime-PCGS-PR-63-Slab-Back.jpg

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017