1910 R italain coin

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by texmech, Oct 6, 2009.

1. texmech

texmech Wanna be coin collector

Can I get a little help about this coin?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

Diplodocus likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. byrd740

byrd740 Numismatist

It is a 1910 Italian 20 Centesimi minted in Rome. The reverse depicts Victory in flight. Mintage is 21,887,000, and it is composed of nickel.

4. kaijapska

kaijapska Junior Member

I've always thought that is an exceptionally beautiful coin. I have a 1909, 1910 and 1914 kicking about somewhere.

[​IMG]

mlov43 likes this.
  5. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

I have always liked the Italian Flying Nude Lady coin and have a few myself.

[​IMG]

This one is from 1921.

:)

6. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Here is my favorite Italian coin of that era. 4 Lions 1920. Traci :eek:

Attached Files:

Diplodocus likes this.
  7. Verdigris

Verdigris Junior Member

I agree its a lovely coin. I just acquired a 1910 variety. Does anyone have a value for this? I did not pay for the coin and have no applicable book. Thanks.

8. Olmanjon

Olmanjon Member

I assume you are talking about the 20 centesimi piece not the 50 because the 50 was not minted in 1910. In vf-$1.xf-$5,unc-$40. This was from Krause 2007
    Olmanjon

9. dctjr80

dctjr80 Senior Member

The OP coin is the Coin that actually got me interested enough to get into coin collecting ;)

10. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

What a super design :bow: one forgets just how lovely the designs on some lower value coins realy can be :eek:

11. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

12. I would like to aquire one of them someday. That is the coin design that my great-grandfather was using daily before he came to the USA in 1915. I am actually hoping to build at least a type set of the coins he would have used, so far I have two, although one is dated after he came to the US, it's still the same type.

13. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Cause of this thread I bid on one from ebay, should be here sometime next week.

14. A McClain

A McClain New Member

Have you located one yet?

15. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

[​IMG]
    Italy 20 Centesimi 1921 - Flying Lady

:)

mlov43 likes this.
  16. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

The last time I revived a seven-year old thread, I was admonished, as in, "hey man this is an old thread, what are you trying to do, you troglodyte?" kinda thing.

That was back when I was new around here. I'm glad they don't do that to people as much anymore.

17. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

Probably won't get an answer to his question since the last time the guy was here was over 5 years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted