1909s VDB

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by BBanker, Jul 28, 2013.

1. BBanker

BBanker Junior Member

Just found a 1909s vdb in an 'unsearched' roll on ebay. O.K., just kidding. I thought that would get everyone's attention.:D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. couto88

couto88 Member

come on,i was just going to sleep

4. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Apparently everyone gets one, just check the feedback.

5. BBanker

BBanker Junior Member

And don't forget the mercury dime on both ends!

6. Rickipedia

Rickipedia Korean YN at 12

+the VDB as an ender.

7. z4298

z4298 New Member

eBay should ban all "unsearched' rolls auctions and any that have the word estate in them.

8. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

RARE!!!! UNSEARCHED ROLL OF WHEAT PENNIES FROM ESTATE SALE PEOPLE HAVE FOUND 1909-S VDB, KEY DATES, 1955 DOUBLE DIE AND MORE

BadThad likes this.
  9. BBanker

BBanker Junior Member

The next time I buy thousands of rolls of wheat pennies from an estate I'll open up one roll to see what's in it. If it has a 1909s vdb in it I'll just wrap it back up and put it up for auction on ebay with no reserve just for the fun of knowing some innocent collector has been looking for one his entire life. Besides, what's a measley two grand?

10. banks hard wood

banks hard wood Woman that loves Her Husband

The Only thing I ever found good I paid up front for in a un searched roll Paid 145.00 and got 40's 50' s and one 1914d.. In f-12.. Next ten rolls I bought were the same.. spent less but always one coin half -as good.. Now I have better luck buying straight from the bank.. I find wheats, error's, all kinds of crap, this week got a few dimes in the bank roll they bought from others wanting to cash them in.. Last week found good coins in a nickle rools 1936,1941,1942, Better than face value..

11. digibyte

digibyte Member

I bought one of those rolls last week for $5 and I found a 14D and a 09s vdb both in mint condition. :rolleyes:

PS ... I found a couple 55 ddo too!

Rickipedia likes this.
  12. banks hard wood

Thats good luck!! I buy 5000. Pennies a week and I have never found a 1909s vdb, I guess this year I have been throw 120,000 pennies.. and I buy from about five places.. This stinks... But i will Keep Looking More's coming in today.. I have found Lots of error's I guess I have saved over a 1000.00 coins I have sleaved..

13. digibyte

digibyte Member

Ummm, that was a joke. I'm never that lucky. :mad:

14. Coin Hunter

Coin Hunter Active Member

Some rolls are worth it. I was bidding on a roll with a nice 1909-s and 1931-s enders.

When for $235.

Rickipedia likes this.
  15. banks hard wood

Coin hunter , Yes I was watching that one.. Did you win? I was not bidding.. I have to get rid of some before i can get more..This is alll I do all day every day, I have one guy that I roll His coins and he sale on ebay. But i keep His coin in one room and mine in another..and I roll his rolls with his coins, I try not even look at his coins.. Messed up right!

16. Coin Hunter

No I got outbid. I ended up just winning a whole 1909-1940 wheat cent collection with a 1931-s as the only key. It was well worth it. I need a few semi keys from the set. The roll was a great deal to who ever got it. But you win some, you end up loosing a lot more.

Trying to find a 1909-s roll again.

17. banks hard wood

Bankshardwood1980@ gmail.com Is my email.. I have some books about filled, I would be willing to part with them Or some coins..

18. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

I can 99% guarantee you that any "unsearched" roll showing a 1909-s on one end is a scam. You'll get that coin and a bunch of junk. I would save the money and just outright buy a 1909-s from a reputable source.

19. Coin Hunter

It was a VF+ 1931-s end with a VG+ 1909-s on the other end. If it had AG wheats it was worth the money.

Also, to comment on anything ebay, once in a while you will buy something and get a decent deal, the best option for buying rare coins is finding a coin show on the last day, and combo the deal to make it worth anything.

I once bought an "unsearched" roll and it ended up being almost all s mint marked coins. Well worth the $10 I payed when I pulled a vdb from the roll. no it was not a 1909-s vdb

20. banks hard wood

I hear you on that, I have been saving all my good coins for a while... I sleave them and put them in boxes , then all the rest i was selling now i am saving most Uless someone needs a few. I have a friend in New mexico that sales coins, and sends me thousands to search and roll. But like i said before I have invested so much now I can't Buy any more till I get rid of some.. I opened a webstore, and going to start unloading about 30k coins the first part of the week.. Some people are in it for the money , My self It gives me something to do, and I Learn alot Here on this sight.. Now the 1909 vdb If you have errors can bring a nice bit of change, I have one i got in a bag of coins and wa au and has two error witch brings it to a few hundred bucks,..

21. Coin Hunter

Thats pretty good. Yeah I collect for the folders, filling holes. I started buying everything, but learned fast that is a bunch of money. Now I am finishing my wheat set and helping my father in law get into buffs. He wants to get the later date coins in MS and slabbed. I am always looking for a deal when both parties can make a little bit on top to grow our own collection.

Draft saved Draft deleted