1909S-VDB Linclon Cent 'Counterfeit' (link included)

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Bones-65, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Bones-65

Bones-65 Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bones-65

One report is in that I know of!

4. ifthevamzarockin

ifthevamzarockin Well-Known Member

That thing is even uglier than me!

5. Bones-65

Well, it might have a few more teeth, the verdict is still out on the looks department.

reduced.jpg

Cheech9712 likes this.
  6. Indianhead65

Indianhead65 Well-Known Member

It's still up with bids. His feedback rating should give these bidders a clue. I reported it.

7. Indianhead65

8. Bones-65

Okay, I just sent the seller a message explaining the why the coin is a known counterfeit, I included the images showing the wrong font used for the "N" in UNITED and an image showing the wrong position of the period following the "D" in the designer's initials, I mean the entire coin is a counterfeit wreck but, at lest I showed the seller two authenticity markers that they can actually see.
    Next hoped for is that it was bought by someone with a dummy ebay account for the purpose of making sure it didn't really sell??

Indianhead65 likes this.
  9. Bones-65

10. Indianhead65

So....I shared this with a coin scammer group on Facebook and the administration of that group didn't approve my post because I didn't have any proof that the coin was a counterfeit. I messaged him and said that all you have to do is look at the coin to tell that it's not right. These are probably the kind of people who bid on these fake coins.

11. Bones-65

Share these images with him as at lest two authenticity markers that this coin doesn't pass!
    4 die set mint mark locationBB.jpg 1909_VDB_LOCATIONS__01.jpg

12. ifthevamzarockin

13. ifthevamzarockin

14. ifthevamzarockin

Just got off the phone with ebay to report the seller. ;)

Indianhead65 likes this.
  15. Indianhead65

Apparently eBay won't do anything about it. I've reported this coin twice already

16. Bones-65

I just filed reports on both new listings, stating the seller keeps relisting the same counterfeit coin and that the seller has been notified that the coin is a known counterfeit!
    I've (we've) had this happen before, its like the whoever is over this stuff at ebay goes on vacation and we can't get listings pulled.

Indianhead65 likes this.
  17. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

I have a Washington two-dollar note I'll trade him.

Cheech9712 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted