1909 VDB Lincoln cent

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Jjpe, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Jjpe

Jjpe Well-Known Member

Greetings cointalk, is this the chicken dinner that I've heard so much about. I'm not getting my hopes up cuz I always get shot down. What do I have here? IMG_20230117_163922801.jpg IMG_20230117_163928676_HDR.jpg IMG_20230117_163906152.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

You've basically said everything there is to know about it. Worth maybe a couple dollars at most.

eddiespin likes this.
  4. Abramthegreat

Abramthegreat Well-Known Member

It's the 1909-S v.d.b. that is the valuable one. Still a nice coin though! ;) ~ a couple few bucks...

5. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Just a wing, not the whole chicken.

6. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

I think you have a VF details cent with possible cleaning damage that is worth several dollars.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  7. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Despite being cleaned in this condition they go for around $5-$10.Also nice I.D.B from the top wheat stalk to the E on the reverse.

8. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

9. robec

robec Junior Member

And in case you might think it is the rare Proof 1909 VDB, it isn’t.

10. Jjpe

Jjpe Well-Known Member

Okay so it's the s that's the valuable one just got through reading about that. I've seen that mark from the top of the stalk towards the e but I am unfamiliar with the lingo that you said it was, IBD? So only a wing and not a chicken dinner huh, that was hilarious. Yes I thought it was rare but now that I know it's the s that closes another chapter that I didn't know. I have 12 of these didn't see any mint mark at all I'll go back double check. I also got a lot of Indian Head cents. Oldest one is 1862 and then I haven't succession 1900 to 1909. I thought in 1909 is when they started the Lincoln cents and there's also a 1909 Indian Head . What's the story behind that anyway thanks I'm going to get out of here and go post these Indian heads

11. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

https://www.error-ref.com/interior-...en a thick flake,connection to the design rim.

12. Abramthegreat

Abramthegreat Well-Known Member

They minted Indian Head Cents from 1859-1909. Yes, they also minted Wheat Cents from 1909-1958. The mint just overlapped some dates on some coins....

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  13. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

A nice die crack or IDB (Interior Die Break) on the reverse. Not the valuable one but still a nice find. Worth about $10 at most.

14. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

If you had a Red Book you'd know that. And much much more. Up to you on getting one, but it used to be where we start. That's not to say we didn't have microscopes. We just looked at things like amoeba with them, not coins.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted