1909-S VDB

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Kevin Farley, Sep 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brokrken

brokrken Active Member

I feel like every thread started by OP devolves into this useless drivel. And they all follow the same pattern. OP posts an "error" or very rare variety that he found, but it is clearly not the coin he hopes it will be. Forum members tell him it's not the case. Name calling ensues. Rinse. Repeat.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BlackberryPie

BlackberryPie I like pie

Oh ya, I have kids. Retired at 38 and collecting from that job already. Double dipping with another government job. I'll start triple dipping in 16 more years from a different local government job. Plus social security. Make well over 6 figures. I get free health care for myself and my family. I'd say I am pretty sharp and planned wisely.

ZoidMeister likes this.
  4. Kevin Farley

Kevin Farley Active Member

Ahhh i think I know where my problem is lol. So when they add mint marks to coins, The mint that receives the die from Philadelphia adds the mint marks to the dies themselves? I was always under the impression that they had a separate die they punched mint marks into coins separately?

5. Kevin Farley

Oh Military I'm assuming? No way in hell would I have done 20 years when I was in. For the record, taking advantage of government jobs and their benefits doesn't make someone sharp. I've met plenty of idiots doing the exact same thing you are

6. Kevin Farley

7. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

ref05071515_465_349_int.jpg

ZoidMeister likes this.
  8. Kevin Farley

What would you call it? Lol. Every time I ask a question I get yelled at for not being ungrateful

9. KBBPLL

KBBPLL Well-Known Member

I don't know how it affects your perception of this coin, but no, during this era the branch mints did not punch their own mint marks, and I'm not sure if they ever did later. All the dies were strictly controlled by Philadelphia, they punched the mint marks into the dies there and shipped them out.

ZoidMeister and Kevin Farley like this.
  10. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Nice, now you've devolved into ad hominem attacks:

440px-Graham's_Hierarchy_of_Disagreement.svg.png

ZoidMeister likes this.
  11. Kevin Farley

Thank you for that!

12. BlackberryPie

BlackberryPie I like pie

Taking advantage? It's called working and getting vested into local government retirement benefits. It's called getting medically retired with a 100% rating. It's called getting another job with a federal agency after already working 5 years with a different one and getting vested into FERS. It's called contributing 5% of my salary and getting another 5% matching from the government. It's called contributing into social security so I can collect when I hit their retirement age.

Where is this taking advantage you mention?

13. BlackberryPie

BlackberryPie I like pie

Btw... So we get back on topic....

Still no S!

14. Kevin Farley

I'll just chalk that up as sarcasm

15. Kevin Farley

Stick around, I'll need to be told that at least a dozen more times

16. BlackberryPie

BlackberryPie I like pie

And it still won't change your opinion.

17. Kevin Farley

My opinion from the start was it probably wasn't actually an extremely valuable 1909-S VDB, which is why I posted it up on here in the first place. To get information

18. Kevin Farley

Except for that 1971 DDO ;)

Whenever I ask a question, a bunch of you just come in and say "nope, it's not". Read the whole thread, see that im asking questions and trying to get information. Besides, if that's how every thread is then why do you keep joining in? Doesn't say much about you does it?

19. Kevin Farley

Bahahahahaha trust me you're way over thinking this, which isn't saying much. I simply stated the truth

20. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Maybe visual aids would help the OP . . . . . ?

upload_2020-9-22_14-54-20.png

What I think Ms. Farley is looking for is for the fine folk at CoinTalk to confirm his penny has a mint mark so he can run over to Etsy and eBay to sell it claiming the "experts" confirmed what he hallucinated into being on that coin establishing for himself "plausible deniability."

We saw this with another member, Jackie, who sold a Lincoln cent with scratches on the rim as a rare mint error for $25 because "someone" on CT said that "maybe" those scratches happened somehow by someone at the mint.

That is the concern that I have with this poster. Multiple repeated "error" coins that only a peyote user could see looking for some type of affirmation that he can turn into Ebay Bucks . . . . . .

But those are only my thoughts . . . .

Z

21. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

I'm starting to believe that this Farley fella and Diogenes Diaz are the same individual, just based on the context and tone of the responses.

@GDJMSP @desertgem , care to run down a couple of IP addresses?

Perhaps a duplicate account? Same MO with both . . . . . different gender, if we can call that into question these days . . . . .

upload_2020-9-22_15-7-3.png

upload_2020-9-22_15-7-21.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.