1909 Medal - FETE FEDERALE de GYMNASTIQUE - Detector Find

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by paddyman98, May 3, 2015.

1. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

@rooman9
    I mentioned this find in another thread concerning my Metal Detecting finds and I told the members that I will post soon. Here it is.. It's a 1909 LAUSANNE on the Obverse and FETE FEDERALE de GYMNASTIQUE on the Reverse. Originally I thought it was actual Olympic Silver Medal because of the silver color, but from what I have seen on some websites that sell this Medal it's more like a Bronze Medallion celebrating this 1909 event that looks to have been held in Switzerland. As you can see it was holed on the bottom. I also found a poster (on the Web) celebrating this event and (Web also) an original picture of the medal found. Enjoy! :D
    1909OBVfind.jpg 1909REVfind.jpg lausanne-fete-federale-de-gymnastique-juillet-1909.jpg 1909Medal.JPG

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Congrats, cool find! :)

Christian

paddyman98 likes this.
  4. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

That poster is pretty nice!

paddyman98 likes this.
  5. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

Awesome! Great medal! Especially from a park.

paddyman98 likes this.
  6. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

Nice find!!!

paddyman98 likes this.
  7. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Cool find! Worthy of a thread resurrection nearly three years after the fact.

paddyman98 likes this.
  8. DEA

DEA Well-Known Member

Hah! I'm going to resurrect this thread another two years later! I googled the words on this medal I have and got directed here. I don't know where I got it but I've had it for decades. Although not clearly seen, at 12 o'clock is a . . . ahhh . . . loop? To put a chain through and hand around one's neck. Yeah, a loop. Right?

lausanne_0001.jpg

gronnh20, Chris B and paddyman98 like this.
  9. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Cool medal. Even the dug one, despite its issues. That one has a story to tell.

paddyman98 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted