1908c sovereign

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Tombuck, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Tombuck

Tombuck New Member

Hi all,
    I'm new to this forum as I'd just like to get some more info on a coin I have just inherited as I've had a look on google and it seems quite rare. I know you can't believe everything on the internet and I'm no coin expert so was after some advice/intelligence on the coin. It's a 1908c sovereign. I will try to attach pic

Thanks

Attached Files:

furryfrog02 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Welcome to the neighborhood @Tombuck !

I can't help you with the value, but I'm sure there are others who might be able to give you the information. However, you'll need to post an image of the reverse as well.

Chris

4. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

5. Zonker

Zonker Active Member

Send me a photo and I'll be able to help you with price, rarity and some advise.

6. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

The mint mark looks a little off like it might have been added in the small picture and given less than 700 were minted would really need to be one that's authenticated. If real it's at least four figures

7. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Canada 1908 - C sovereign, Charlton Standard Catalog
    mintage-636, .917-gold, finish-specimen
    grade scale in Canadian dollars...
    20-$2,500 40-$3,500 50-$4,000 55-$4,500 60-$5,000 63-$6,000 64-$10,000 65-$14,000
    worth getting TPG graded.
    I am not sure what your coins grade is ? VF-XF ?
    wow if it is authentic you will be rich.
    if I were you I would immediately put your coin in a 22mm airtite plastic capsule to keep it from being scratched or dinged or get finger prints on it.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  8. Tombuck

Tombuck New Member

Thanks for the replies, would anyone happen to know anywhere I can take it in London/Kent/Essex to see if it is real and perhaps not to get it graded if it is

9. Tombuck

Tombuck New Member

Also here is a pic of the other side

Attached Files:

10. Tombuck

Tombuck New Member

Attached Files:

11. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Seems like he is in the UK and I don't think they are as big on grading over there. Looks like the coin has a few scratches and rim dings so I would think it would grade VF. Still has a CV of $2500 (based on the above post) but probably would not bring that much in a sale. $2000 maybe?

spirityoda likes this.
  12. Zonker

Zonker Active Member

I would also grade it VF, But the TPGs would probably give it a XF45 - if real.

spirityoda likes this.
  13. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I would definitely get it graded by PCGS or NGC. not only to get it authenticated but it could also bring more money when you go to sell it. Many buyers would not pay that much money without getting it authenticated and graded.

Draft saved Draft deleted