1907 Indian Cent—help grading?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by G8rDMD, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Any idea on value. Titled thread this sub forum us coins

G8rDMD likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

@eddiespin you remember the Flintstones...or were you to busy watching "Mr. ED" :woot:

BTW fyi for those who don't know.....the Flintstones wasn't a kid cartoon!
    It aired at 9 pm on a Friday night ....most kids butts were in bed by 8:30 pm

eddiespin likes this.
  4. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

If you think about it, the most important thing in any hobby is state of preservation. A stamp, baseball card, comic book, dollar bill, pocket watch, antique chair--it's all about the condition of it. Who cares if the pocket watch was used or chair was sat on? Use your eyes, not your mind's eye, when you're evaluating coins.

Paddy54 and G8rDMD like this.
  5. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Ah, @Paddy54, I watched them all--from Wilma to Wilbur! :)

Paddy54 likes this.
  6. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Nice photos @G8rDMD
    I see you have met the Rpd, Rpm and Top notch Variety, cherry picker @Paddy54 Now, Mr. ED. I am not sure what He @eddiespin collects, but, is full of very useful information.:) That he doesn't mind Sharing,
    Welcome to CT.

Paddy54 likes this.
  7. Paddy54

Yeah those were the days.....the golden age of TV.....and politicians, News reporters,and teachers....all swearing on a stack of Rev. Flechers bible's....If by chance the Russians did launch a nuke at 1 pm on a Monday ( Mondays 1 pm test day and time for civil defence) ....If you crawled under your school desk and didn't look at the FLASH!!!!! Somehow you wouldn't be discindergrated.
    So you had that going for you....!:rolleyes:

8. G8rDMD

G8rDMD Member

Thanks, I’ve learned a lot just in the last hour or so, lol. It I still have miles to go before I sleep... I take it Paddy54 and eddiespin are a couple of frequent flyers and heavy hitters on the forum?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  9. Pickin and Grinin

By the way,
    Hope you stick around.
    I just like looking at all the coins, still learning.
    There are a lot of good folk here, that aren't afraid to pass the hobby along.

10. Paddy54

You know... just dawned on me....I need and Google Russian 1960 history and see if their school kids had school desk that protected them from a nucular blast.:stop:
    If not well I'm feeling a lot better now.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  11. G8rDMD

G8rDMD Member

Ok, another quick one. This is not a coin I own, it’s on a site I happened across. They have this Morgan slabbed as MS66 but I’m thinking not that high at all... Would I be correct or am I off?
    3BC8C7B4-E4D3-4182-A9B3-003ADDA7B34A.png
    I know I only posted the obverse, but in general...?

12. Paddy54

Can't speak for Eddie but a few years around 1969 I was doing some hits....and flew quit offten.....mostly with out the aid of a plane.:wideyed:
    But again.....I blame that on being lied to in grade school.....fluoride in the water :yack:

G8rDMD likes this.
  13. G8rDMD

G8rDMD Member

Thanks man, I’ll be sticking around. I’ve been collecting on and off since I was a kid in the 80s. I now inherited my grandfathers’ collections, so I’m on a quest to catalog and grade everything. Gotta start somewhere and gotta learn sometime. I’m sure I’ll be posting more questions. Cheers!

14. Pickin and Grinin

I old enough to know those drills! Now they call em, Tornado drills.
    Cant say that 4 letter word any more.
    I remember some crazy videos they used to show in class.

To keep it Coin related.

Attached Files:

G8rDMD and Paddy54 like this.
  15. Paddy54

Ah no....now 1880 s were some of the best strikes.....but this specimen not a 66....it my of been run over on Rt.66 but no

16. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I don't even see that coin as MS (the Morgan).

17. Pickin and Grinin

Au 50 at best.

18. G8rDMD

G8rDMD Member

Cool, that’s what I was thinking, good to know I’ve at least got a little sense at the start of my journey. Thanks all!

Paddy54 likes this.
  19. Paddy54

Np enjoy....my friend

G8rDMD likes this.
  20. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Stamps... :)

mazon.jpg

G8rDMD and Pickin and Grinin like this.
  21. Pickin and Grinin

That's some good stuff, and something that, I'd say crosses over to numismatics, as far as preservation is considered.

Draft saved Draft deleted