1906 Indian Head passed on to me by my Father in-law

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Bud1 Wilson, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Bud1 Wilson

Bud1 Wilson Well-Known Member

A fine tribute to great people who once roamed most of this Nation. S20180311_0005.jpg S20180311_0006.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bud1 Wilson

4. Bud1 Wilson

Thanks seattlite86

5. Noah Finney

Noah Finney Well-Known Member

That's cool! Congrats!

6. Bud1 Wilson

Thanks Noah..my father in-law left it to me.

7. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

If you haven't started your IHC collection yet, now might be a good time to start. I would be able to help you with a few gift coins, too. Just let me know.

Spark1951 and Stevearino like this.
  8. Bud1 Wilson

Thanks Geezer..but I am not really a collector but do enjoy looking at others collections on cointalk.

9. Jebocement

Jebocement Member

What a nice Father-In-Law!

10. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

Looks like the 1906 IHC I pulled out of a bank roll when I was a kid. It was my first IHC and I still have it.

Spark1951 and Stevearino like this.
  11. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

I have 7 of these, 6 of them G4, G6 or VG8. I picked these up in circulation in 1962, I was 11 yo working my first job selling TV Guide door to door. They were selling for 15 cents a copy, my cut was 4 cents a copy. I sold a ton of them. Some folks paid me with pennies. This is also how I got my first mercury dimes and buffalo nickels.

The 7th IHC is a 1893 XF40. Bud1, good luck getting some, few people are willing to let go of them.

You have already turned down LAGeezer's offer, but if you change your mind and want one, I'll gift you one as well (plz don't think this is a bribe, I don't want to be thrown down on the tarmac and handcuffed. Just sayin'. lol)

Spark

Jebocement and wxcoin like this.
  12. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

That is how I get my indian head cents. Still can find them in bank rolls.

13. Bud1 Wilson

NLL If only I would have taken interest in coins or something of substance when I was 17, rather than getting into fights and other trouble I may have amounted to something.
    You are doing good.:shame:

NLL likes this.
  14. Jebocement

Jebocement Member

If only I hadn't "borrowed" some of my brother's coin collection to go bowling at age 13, then I still wouldn't owe him for the rare Lincoln penny I used! He has mostly forgotten about my dastardly deed . . . but I sure haven't. I'm a rotten sitter!!!!!!!!!

15. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

My grandmother had a collection of Indian Head cents in a Whitman blue album which I now have.

[​IMG]
    United States Indian Head cent 1906

Indian Head cents figure prominently in Harper Lee's famous book To Kill a Mockingbird and appear in the film.

:)

16. Bud1 Wilson

Creative
    Borrowing something without the knowledge and consent of it's owner is and was as I recall from my Law School days not called borrowing it was something else...now what was that called?????:rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted