1902 Liberty Head "V" Nickel

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Jay M, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Jay M

Jay M New Member

1902 LIBERTY HEAD "V" NICKEL.

Thank you kindly for helping me out.

Regards,
    Jay

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

4. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

That coin is in very nice shape, I would say AU-50 to MS-62. Around $75 to $100 or thereabouts. Definitely a keeper.

Randy Abercrombie and Jay M like this.
  5. Jay M

Jay M New Member

That was quick. Thank you

6. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Welcome to CT. Nice coin. I'm at AU something.

7. Jay M

Jay M New Member

1902, 1906, 1908 and 1910. Any thoughts on a value. I received from my grandmother's estate. Mainly wanting to see if I should get graded and then put away for my Son. Front and back line up 1-4 the 1902 is the same as the first.

Thanks again

photostudio_1626050257710.jpg photostudio_1626050180201.jpg

Penny Luster likes this.
  8. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I would not have them graded but in your case they are important family stuff. They do need some type of nice holder to protect them.

9. Jay M

Jay M New Member

Grandma kept em in a silk cloth for the last however many years she had em in her safe. Lol.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Very nice looking coin. I wouldn’t have them graded but I would protect them in a 2x2 or a non PVC flip. Being from your grandmother they are worth in sentimental value than in money.

Welcome to CT.

11. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I love that. I have some coins from my late grandmother too. She wrapped them in wax paper before she tucked them away. They still reside to this day in grandmas wax paper holders.

masterswimmer likes this.
  12. Jay M

Jay M New Member

I really appreciate all the comments. Indeed they have sentimental value, more so for my son Ethan. He came into this world not long after my uncle passed, which was my grams only son, and he helped her cope with the loss. He was so much closer to her so I guess I will have these coins put into some kind of frame or something. Thanks again for the input.

13. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

The coins all appear to grade AU with one possible Mint State piece, the 1902. The condition is way above average for a family hoard. Someone must have been a collector in the family.

14. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Very nice coins you've got there. I agree with the consensus about not grading them, but certainly protecting them in appropriate holders.

To the others here, does anyone else see a rim cud/delam on the 1902 at 6 o'clock to about 8 o'clock on the obv?

15. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

That looks like finning to me. I don’t do errors and varieties so I could easily be wrong.

Evan Saltis and masterswimmer like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted