1901p Morgan

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Hommer, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

Grade? Worth? Scanned photos. $_3-28.jpeg $_3-18.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. throwbackid

throwbackid Well-Known Member

I would say maybe a VF25 but looks leaned from the picts

4. Hommer

I was Thinking VF30/35 but it's mine if that says anything. I will take it either way. Kinda lucked into this one. $_3-18-1.jpg $_3-18-1-1.jpg

5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Is that some doubling at the eagles neck also?

6. Hommer

Yep. This is the prized '01 DDR. Seller didn't list it as such. Been looking for one and just scanning photos found it.

tommyc03 likes this.
  7. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Congrats, nice find, nice coin!!

8. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Definitely cleaned and would probably get a details grade . Still I love the doubling especially under the eagles wings , tail , arrows etc .

jello and Hommer like this.
  9. Hommer

It looks cleaned to me too but scanned photos can fool you sometimes. I haven't got it in hand yet, but when I do I'll add some different pictures.

rzage likes this.
  10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

That's the problem with scans. They hide any luster that might be present. It appears to be the VAM-3, Shifted Eagle, Top 100.

Chris

rzage likes this.
  11. Hommer

I checked Heritage auctions and the low end of sales is over twice what I paid for it.

rzage likes this.
  12. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Congrats on finding one of the more noted vam keys... You should send it to VSS or Anacs or even Segs....
    IDK if you plan on selling but this is one of the easiest vams to attribute and I would expect you could get a 500 dollar bill out of it either way

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  13. Hommer

Thanks. I know what it is so a slab don't mean alot to me. I have another top 100 Vam that I bought several months ago that is slabbed. If at some point I decide to album it with the rest I will crack it out. Really not interested in selling it. If at some point I find an upgrade then maybe.

14. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

I dont blame you man its way cool!! And its a high enough grade that you can really see the doubling...Ive seen F-15 or so that didnt have as clear seperation as yours... Definitely a keeper.... Never understood why some dealers/collectors dont atleast glance over their morgans w a loupe to make sure they dont miss something adding multiples to the value.... oh well, ill find what the next guy might have missed! Believe you me!

15. Hommer

Congratulations to whoever just got the other one. Yep, there were 2.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  16. superzimm

superzimm Well versed collector

Very sweet find! Congrats!

Draft saved Draft deleted