1901 and 1907 IHC's: They seem to be in the AU range, but could be higher?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by J. David Heine, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Found the two IHC's CRH a while back. Any thoughts about grade? The ding on the chin of the 1901 is exaggerated by the light. Also, both still have a significant amount of luster not apparent in the photos. WP_20180807_09_08_56_Pro (2).jpg WP_20180807_09_01_36_Pro (2).jpg WP_20180807_08_46_47_Pro (2).jpg WP_20180807_08_50_17_Pro (2).jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Noah Finney

Noah Finney Well-Known Member

Nice find for at the bank, id say Mint state for the 1907 and almost uncirculated for the 1901. id pay 25 bucks a piece if I saw that for sale at a coin show or online. I would put them on eBay if I were you it could bring in some money.

4. No, no eBay. They are keepers. Actually found then in separate penny rolls from an eBay auction along with several AU 1909 VDBs (no 1909 VDB S's though)

NOS likes this.
  5. kSigSteve

kSigSteve Active Member

You say you found these coin roll hunting but then say you purchased them on eBay. You also said the roll included some 1909 VDBs.

Were these rolls advertised as unsearched cent rolls? Likely with with a VDB ender and an Indian cent ender.

How much did you pay for the rolls?

The two cents in question are likely high XF or AU and also cleaned.

6. Is an eBay purchase of a coin roll not considered CRH?

NOS likes this.
  7. Also, I do not recall what I paid and I do not think they were of the type with an IHC or 1909 enders. Why kSigSteve do you think they are cleaned? And, i'm still learning the terminology.

8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I would say the original estimate of AU is more probable. Cleaning is hard to see in the photos, but is likely based on the surfaces. Jim

9. calishield

calishield Well-Known Member

Technically, no as you paid more than face for it and didn’t get it from a roll of an establishment (aka Fudrucker’s or a bank). They are beauties! Everything on EBay has been searched

10. Got it. I...feel...so...stupid. Slap my face and move on. You guys did make me feel stupid. I am a realist and accept criticism when warranted. Thank you.

11. calishield

calishield Well-Known Member

Dude, it’s totally cool. Coins are awesome. You asked about the term so that was just semantics. That, and no one says Fudruckers anymore! Doesn’t matter where you find things. Happy Hunting all!

Draft saved Draft deleted