1899 Silver Certificate

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by GoldExchangeCalifornia, Jun 26, 2019.

1. This beautiful 1899 Silver certificate popped into the shop today. Still can't believe I have it. Its very rare that people come in with such old bills. Any way, I would love to hear your guys opinions. And what should I do with it? Sell, Grade, Keep? Anyone? IMG_7996.jpg IMG_7997.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Autoturf

Autoturf Well-Known Member

Nice, Be worth getting it graded, I would think, incase you decide to sell later. witch you would not have a problem with anyhow.

4. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

That's a nice looking (artwork) bill. IMO it's a keeper. I don't know paper values, but I do know grading eats away at profit when the value doesn't support the fees. With condition such as it is, is it worth it to grade?

5. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

Keep it if you want or sell it but it's not worth having graded. It may be nice having as a type example but it's fairly well circulated and comes from the common signatories of Speelman/White.

Penna_Boy likes this.
  6. Patrick M

Patrick M Razor edge MD

Imo, it's not worth grading. It's a nice note but fairly circulated and if you don't have one in your collection then it's definitely a keeper.

7. Wingnut6999

Wingnut6999 Currency loving custodian

Nice, I got my black eagle this year. I now have the 1 and 2 dollar silver, but will keep any I can afford that come my way. I'd say keeper, but that's just me.

8. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

The condition is beyond on rough, so i think grading it would be a mistake
    might get a 10 - 15 with comments, if you were to sell it raw maybe $40
    or if you like that note, just use as a filler until you can upgrade really
    Good examples can be had in the $200 range or less.

Draft saved Draft deleted