1899 o gsa softpack what's she worth?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Moesizzle, May 1, 2018.

1. Moesizzle

Moesizzle Member

Hey Guys I got this coin a long time ago from my grandfather. I was going to sell it but am having trouble figuring out what to ask for it. From what I understand it's kind of rare. It's an 1899 o morgan silver dollar gsa softpack. It's sealed and has the paperwork and everything with it. Coin appears to be in great shape.
    1525221484_tmp_20180423_130553.jpg 1525221519_tmp_20180423_130527.jpg 1525221562_tmp_20180423_130730.jpg 1525221650_tmp_20180423_130652.jpg 1525221333_tmp_20180423_130642.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. *coins

*coins Well-Known Member

4. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

That's a great find! I'd grade it at MS63 (Condition on a scale of 1-70). I personally wouldn't take it out of the original packaging, and I believe 1899 O is a better date. Some people will dish out some extra money for toned coins (as in the blue color on the reverse; it is seen as beautiful to most collectors). I think I could see it going for around $75.

5. *coins

*coins Well-Known Member

The reason it is valuable is because it is in the GSA softpack...

Moesizzle likes this.
  6. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

Looks like it sold already, without checking watch count, I'd say it went quick @ $375.

7. atcarroll

atcarroll Well-Known Member

The coin is worth $50-$70, the gsa softpack around it is worth about $150.

8. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

I checked watchcount. Went for $250 as best offer.

9. *coins

*coins Well-Known Member

If you list that coin for $150, it will probably sell in a few hours...IMO, it is better to start high and then take offers or slowly lower it until it sells.

10. Moesizzle

Moesizzle Member

Thanks guys. I threw it on Ebay and got an offer for $250 so I took it :)

11. *coins

*coins Well-Known Member

Lol, that was you. That's funny. We were giving you pricing idea and using your listing.

mynamespat and Moesizzle like this.
  12. Moesizzle

Moesizzle Member

Yup I didnt need top dollar. Figured $250 seemed fair that way he got a decent price and so did I. Just didnt want to make a stupid decision. I appreciate everyones help.

13. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

This is a funny thread if you read "all the posts", Happy hour musta been early today:woot:

14. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

Maybe it's just me, but I would have trouble selling a coin my grandfather gave me unless I really needed the money.

Randy Abercrombie and *coins like this.
  15. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

Didn't see that :banghead: Definitely a big jump in price.

16. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I thought the Morgans that were sold in soft packs were generally considered lightly circulated.

17. atcarroll

atcarroll Well-Known Member

they were considered circulated by the novices they had sorting them at the time, there are some MS coins in those soft packs.

18. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Thanks. After reading your post, I do remember reading that same thing some time in the past. I have a small collection of GSA hard packs and I've ignored the Soft Packs.

Draft saved Draft deleted