1893 Morgan MS63? Or maybe 64?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by mlgdave, Nov 13, 2013.

1. mlgdave

mlgdave Member

Or better? The ones I see as MS63 seem to be in much worse shape than this one, I am considering having it busted out and reslabbed by PCGS. Its currently MS63 NGC. The Lustre is MUCH better than shows in these pictures, My camera filters out the glare
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

'93 is usually a very well struck year . That said I think the luster would have to be a lot better in hand to receive a 64 this one looks like a 63 to me , but the pic doesn't really show the coin that well so it's hard to say . Still a nice coin for a great year .

4. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

Hard to say with the pictures, but there looks to be a couple dings in the main field as well as some shots on the cheek. The lighting isn't great, but is that a break in the luster between the e-p at 10 o'clock.

Without clearer pictures, I wouldn't recommend a crack out or cross-over.

5. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

NGC currently slabbed it a 63, which according to numismedia has a a value of $1530.

Unless you strongly feel this coin's grade could go up 2 points or more, I'd keep it as is. PCGS may downgrade it as much as 2 points, thus dropping value by as much as $700.

Why gamble that?

rzage likes this.
  6. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I would not risk it.

Draft saved Draft deleted