1893 CC Morgan

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by bradgator2, Apr 29, 2020.

1. bradgator2

bradgator2 Well-Known Member

Been a little slow lately. What are your thoughts on this Morgan?
    7ECD79BA-8702-49E2-BD89-A657090CB5A6.jpeg
    361A65C3-B2E9-462C-ADAA-88ECE95EA507.jpeg

alurid likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

It is circulated. I hear a melting pot calling it's name.

4. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Awesome. It would fit right in with my 'working' Morgan's. It has character that can't be found on the MS+++ coins. But, I don't need one.

5. HAB Peace 28 2.0

HAB Peace 28 2.0 The spiders are as big as the door

Did you buy it? Or are u thinking about it?

6. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Even circulated an 1893 CC is a little too valuable to melt!

SilverMike and HAB Peace 28 2.0 like this.
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I'll take every '93-CC in similar condition that you have and I'll even pay you "melt + $5"! ~ Chris ;)

gronnh20 and Inspector43 like this.
  8. HAB Peace 28 2.0

If it’s not cleaned, and authentic (which it appears to be)? IMO, it would grade 30-40? Which is pretty good :greedy:.

Inspector43 and Magnus87 like this.
  9. bradgator2

It’s a fake.

Bought this a few years ago on Ebay. That’s when I learned that a seller with 3 sales and a home of “China” is probably a recipe for disaster. I immediately called Ebay and they said no problem, just let them know when it arrives. Took two months and showed up in a small envelope with nothing in it but this coin. No flip or invoice or nothing lol

Anyway, Ebay instantly refunded me and closed the seller.

Everyone on here seems so good at spotting these that I thought I would post it up for fun. It’s a really, really good fake imo.

10. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I was going to say fake simply because that date/mint mark should be slabbed.

11. bradgator2

Here’s my real one.
    29935728-B4CB-434E-8034-A314F6B6E68A.jpeg
    1F5CA5E6-15F3-42B1-B466-6A1702DDEB76.jpeg

12. HAB Peace 28 2.0

The obverse and wear are VERY convincing. Especially, just judging by your pics? You sorta got me :happy:. I knew it being a fake, was possible? I’m glad you got your money back. In my many years of online buying, especially on EBay. I’ve only bought one fake. But, it wasn’t a coin.

bradgator2 likes this.
  13. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Mushy design, grainy surfaces, non-silver color... obvious fake.

longshot and tmoneyeagles like this.
  14. bradgator2

I cant tell based on the appearance and looking at it. I was actually hoping someone could point out the obvious which I am missing.

I laughed when I opened the envelope and it was just rolling around in there. It’s not magnetic but definitely not silver. It felt wrong. Both in weight (too light) and thickness (too thin). A scale and caliper confirmed.

edit: micbraun posted a second sooner. That was a post I was hoping for. And yeah... color just seemed off.

15. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

My first impression was fake also. Crude lettering. Pimples in reverse fields.

16. TSE

TSE New Member

Stars and dots are completely misshapen. This one is easy. I'm a newb, and this one is really easy. Voids on the left side of obverse rim. Letters are far from clean...

17. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

My first thought was fake too. Many details are off and the date is too small.

18. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I instantly spotted it was a fake and was trying to figure out how to politely tell you that when I saw that you already knew.

Even without looking at the design, the reverse is covered in casting bubbles. Clear fake.

19. bradgator2

Thank you kind sir. It’s amazing what you can see when it is pointed out. Someone else mentioned those bubbles. They stick out like a glaring sore thumb now.

Draft saved Draft deleted