1892dime

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Railguy, May 15, 2019.

1. Railguy

Railguy Well-Known Member

20190515_174349.jpg Good evening coin people.I have 1892 dime.What is it worth.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

$3 to $5.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  4. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

I agree with @furham. A local sale would get you around that much. Ebay is showing a little more but that is to cover fees and shipping. A good place to check for sale prices is eBay. Search for whatever you are looking for and then click the sold option on the left column (if you are using a laptop). This will bring up a selection of items that have recently sold with their prices. Helps to learn about grades as well!

5. Railguy

Yes I bought coin few weeks ago.from Ebay.thanks for info.ebay too expensive.

6. USCoinCollector42

USCoinCollector42 Well-Known Member

Yeah its always good to research a purchase so that you aren’t ripped off.

Just curious— how much was it on Ebay?

7. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Oh as much as $8 VG retail.

8. Railguy

Hello this dime was in a collection of raw coins inherited from great aunt and uncle .Here in Saskatchewan I live 60miles from Montana.Many of my coins are USA.takin out circulation 80 to 90 years ago.the coin bought from Ebay was 1946c Newfoundland dime.in NGC slab Au 50.i wanted it to compare to the coins I have.i have a nice addition.With shipping i paid under 50.The 1892 I posted ,hoped worth more than face.thankyou for info.I read lots thread on here.Glen

9. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

This is a first-year for the issue, struck in Philadelphia. The obverse looks VG8, NGC U.S. Price guide lists it in this grade for $10.80...definitely worth more than face value.

90 years ago would have been around 1929, and I have read that the Barber designs were more susceptible to wear. So, at age 22 this coin saw World War 1 begin...and was in circulation for about 47 years before being removed. Sounds right for its' condition...Spark

10. Railguy

Thank you very interesting.i read that if this dime had an o or s mint mark may be worth bit more.have nice day.Glen

11. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

This website may of be interest to you for research. Also obtained a US "Red Book" Guide to US Coins. https://www.usacoinbook.com/coins/dimes/barber/

But per the chart there were 3 locations the coins came from. Philadelphia (which was the first mint, and normally does not use a mint mark), San Francisco - the "S" mint mark, and "O" for New Orleans.

You can also see the "mintage" or how many were made, and then the various "grades" and loose "valuation" at that grade. But you can see the P was 12 million, versus O and S that had much less made.
    upload_2019-5-16_12-57-24.png

12. Railguy

Thankyou I need to get the Redbook.i only have Charlton Coin Guide 2019 it has some USA coins in it.

Draft saved Draft deleted