1892 O Morgan value

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Christopher290, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Christopher290

Christopher290 Active Member

Hello everyone, I just bought this 1892 O Morgan dollar. It is toned, and I am wondering how much it is worth. Many thanks!
    -Christopher

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Christopher290

Hello everyone, I just bought this 1892 O Morgan dollar. It is toned, and I am wondering how much it is worth. Many thanks!
    -Christopher

Attached Files:

4. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Need pictures. And a welcome to you!

5. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Did you look at it before deciding if it was worth (to you) whatever you paid, or did you buy based only on "1892-O Morgan toned". ;)

Just something to keep in mind... and yes; welcome.

6. smarch

smarch Active Member

"keep your cotton-pickin' fingers outta my gin!" (Eli Whitney) and off the coins.

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

@Christopher290

You have two threads for this coin. Click on "Report" and ask the mods to combine them.

Chris

8. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

Grades in the VF range, but unfortunately the toning is to the point of detrimental. A little better date, but I'd say something less than $30 in this condition.

Also, welcome to the site!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  9. Christopher290

@longshot what do you mean by to the point of detrimental I thought lots of toning was good

10. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

If toning is attractive many consider that a positive. But this toning is too advanced....dark brown/black toning is not so good. Judging from what I see, this coin spent time in an environment that was less than healthy for silver. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

My opinion. Let's see what others say.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    spirityoda likes this.
  11. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

The color of the coin is a bit dark, but in this grade it won't affect the value much. I agree with about $30.

12. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

OP, toning is really just a thing in MS grades. And it has to be attractive.

13. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Topics merged into one. :)

14. abbas86

abbas86 New Member

-Christopher

15. Christopher290

???

16. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Somebody who is no longer a member merely quoted your initial post. That's it. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted