1888/7 IHC!

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by KurtS, Apr 1, 2015.

1. KurtS

KurtS Die variety collector

What do you think? LOL :yuck::hungover:
    April Fools courtesy of aliexpress.com
    [​IMG]

swamp yankee and Rick Stachowski like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

4. KurtS

Yeah it's sorta dumb...but that 8/7 is funny too. :p

5. Profit man

Profit man Active Member

Looks like a plain 1883 to me...

6. KurtS

Here's another one--the "8/7" is a bit clearer...or is it a 7/8? lol :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

7. oi!

oi! Member

Looks to be struck through in front of the face too. Find of the century!

KurtS likes this.
  8. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

Your laughing but I had a guy at one of the shows bring me some Morgans with that STAMP on it. Said there was no way they were fake, he had got them from the mint back in the 70's that I was a crook. I wasn't even buying coins.. was sitting at a table looking at errors for people. I asked him if he knew what that word meant and he said no, it was something to do with the mint though. All coins and paper that are old have that on them.. Look at these Civil War paper money that I got.. DOH.. He did say he bought those at a gift shop in Gettysburg back in the 80's I think.

Paddy54, KurtS and deacon2828 like this.
  9. Jim M

I should write a book on the stuff i have seen and heard at shows..

1964 Peace dollar from an old man that said he got it back in 1965 from a bank and its been in his safety deposit box all that time.. was an obvious Daniel Carr Fantasy piece. Or how about a 1938 Buffalo 3 legged Nickel that looked really good other than it was the size of a Half Dollar. Person though maybe it had gotten wet or something and swelled up. I asked if he had dipped it in a little blue pill. He didn't get it but moved on.

Paddy54, KurtS and deacon2828 like this.
  10. Yankee42

Yankee42 Well-Known Member

Ah the rare "replica" counter stamp.

KurtS likes this.
  11. coop

coop Senior Member

Here is a fantasy piece:
    [​IMG]

Paddy54 and KurtS like this.
  12. Jim M

Oh great Coop.. now I will have people bringing those into shows. My great grandpa gave me this and said to always keep it cause it was made by error..

Paddy54 likes this.
  13. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Evidently you never worked in the food business... just when you think you seen the queen mother of all nut cases... the next one shows up. Had a guy return a ham bone. Yes bone.... a whole ham gone.... wanted a refund ... Because the ham was tough! I smiled took the bone weighed it. Gave him back the money for the bone weight.
    Next a woman whom purchased a 5 lb. Box of shrimp. Returned the shells and box.... Reason they made her sick.
    Of course when you pig out on 5 lbs of anything you're going to get ill.
    Well she was like 300 lbs. So maybe she could eat a small child and still be hungry .

KurtS likes this.
  14. swamp yankee

swamp yankee Well-Known Member

Looks like an OD188 8/7 and Tonto's got the measles too!

Draft saved Draft deleted